• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
cameeel said:
Hodge misses out again! What does he have to do to get a spot :@ :wacko:
Not be a Victorian! :p

The selectors are trying this 5 bowler option to see how Watson goes. Watson seems in a little form right now and he gets his chance to cement a spot.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SirBloody Idiot said:
I think it is more of a case of having three seamers, with Stuey and Warney playing.
Yeah, if MacGill was playing then Watson would be playing as well

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon take out Katich and put in Hussey. I would have also rated that the best team to go to the Ashes.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel sorry for Mark Boucher , because of the pressure thats been placed on him to perform , by the selectors making blunders .

I hope he puts in an exceptional performance including with the bat and particularly with regard to his keeping to Murali and Vettori and others (ie stumpings and catches) !!

cameeel

International Captain
SquidAU said:
Not be a Victorian! :p

The selectors are trying this 5 bowler option to see how Watson goes. Watson seems in a little form right now and he gets his chance to cement a spot.
That's true, the only Victorian who consistently gets a game is Shane Warne :@

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
cameeel said:
That's true, the only Victorian who consistently gets a game is Shane Warne :@
At least a Vic batsman might get a game......there is no South Aussie batsman even remotely close to getting into the Aussie side! :blink:

Game starts soon. Can't wait! :D

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Ponting wins the toss and bats (surprisingly, after events this summer! :D ), and Pollock misses out for the World XI, meaning Harmison and Flintoff will be taking the new ball for them - not quite deja vu, but near enough.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
Ponting wins the toss and bats (surprisingly, after events this summer! :D ), and Pollock misses out for the World XI, meaning Harmison and Flintoff will be taking the new ball for them - not quite deja vu, but near enough.
Will be an interesting first session, thats for sure! :ph34r:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
SquidAU said:
Will be an interesting first session, thats for sure! :ph34r:
What's the betting the first ball is a bouncer? After those final four balls of the Ashes on the last evening, I can't help getting the feeling Steve Harmison still has something against Justin Langer.......

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
What's the betting the first ball is a bouncer? After those final four balls of the Ashes on the last evening, I can't help getting the feeling Steve Harmison still has something against Justin Langer.......
Harmison will give another one to Langer's elbow...... :D

If Harmison has something against Langer, I sure the hell don't know what it is! :p

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barney Rubble said:
I reckon we'll get at least three short ones if not as many as five in the first over.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono said:
Best 4 spin bowlers in the world in this match Richie? Are you sure about that :huh:
Just said it again so he must believe it. Bit surprising I agree although I'd like to think Vettori is in the top 4. But that's his opinion I guess.