• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

ganeshran

International Debutant
On tracks that are not spin-friendly , Botha should be preferred. He can contribute with the bat too

Briony

International Debutant
At least the Melbourne test is competitve. SA just looks so poor when they play in Durban which makes for foregone conclusions.

And weird to say but Kallis has been a liability for his team this summer.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Rudolph is out. Virus 77* in the ongoing domestic game. Keeper and Prince will be harder to call as Duminy hasn't done anything since getting dropped to warrant selection and I don't think they fancy Thami as an international number 7 and Kuhn hasn't done much with the bat this year. They took a punt with Boucher when he was a kid but I doubt the likes of de Kock will be thrown in after a couple of franchise games and he isn't even playing for the Lions in their ongoing franchise game. Hudson should have gone after the WC **** up, doubt he or Smith will be accountable for this shower here.

Beleg

International Regular
think tahir prefers bowling to right handed batsmen - he kind of reminds me of chandana

smith's been piling on the kgs...

Briony

International Debutant
Looks like Rudolph is out. Virus 77* in the ongoing domestic game. Keeper and Prince will be harder to call as Duminy hasn't done anything since getting dropped to warrant selection and I don't think they fancy Thami as an international number 7 and Kuhn hasn't done much with the bat this year. They took a punt with Boucher when he was a kid but I doubt the likes of de Kock will be thrown in after a couple of franchise games and he isn't even playing for the Lions in their ongoing franchise game. Hudson should have gone after the WC **** up, doubt he or Smith will be accountable for this shower here.

As has been mentioned it should be a reality check but will probably be written off as another Durban debacle. Maybe they just don't expect to play well here.

The inconsistency suggests a lack of talent and/or mental application though.

The hopeful thing for them is that they generally play well in CT and while they rarely play really well two tests in a row, they rarely play abysmally in back to back tests either.

Briony

International Debutant
think tahir prefers bowling to right handed batsmen - he kind of reminds me of chandana

smith's been piling on the kgs...[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem to be as focussed these days. A reality check for him would be a spell in the domestic arena.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is awesome from Sanga. Knew it was on when he failed first 3 tests (two of them to good deliveries tbf).

Samaraweera too, wag.

Love how it is compulsory for Saffers to play absolutely woeful in one test of their home series, no matter how bad the opposition is.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
He won a test match 3 matches ago on a wicket where everyone said South Africa had no chance even after they shot out Aus for nothing. Should resign or be sacked as captain mind but has looked good with the bat.

Briony

International Debutant
He won a test match 3 matches ago on a wicket where everyone said South Africa had no chance even after they shot out Aus for nothing. Should resign or be sacked as captain mind but has looked good with the bat.
They suffer from lack of leadership though.

Amla looked subdued when he had the reins for the ODIs, while AB plays a lot of airhead shots when the team requires consolidation. Smith should resign though and focus on his batting and losing weight. Seems to have lost focus after his marriage. Notice AB doing a lot of press conferences so may be he is being groomed for the role.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Boucher must feel sick as a parrot. Not as much as Morne, as he will probably be dropped for Cape Town yet he had Kumar first over and has been the pick of the South African bowlers today.

Tahir picks up Samaraweera but this game has already gone.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
You see that dismissal and your whole opinion on Tahir changes again. He just owned Samaraweera there. Expect a full toss any moment now...

Briony

International Debutant
Boucher must feel sick as a parrot. Not as much as Morne, as he will probably be dropped for Cape Town yet he had Kumar first over and has been the pick of the South African bowlers today.

Tahir picks up Samaraweera but this game has already gone.
Yes would have been a psychological blow against Sanga too.

But there's always a silver lining to a likely heavy loss like this - useless ballast is released.

Surely this is the last test the board will hold at Durban. Nobody turns up and the hosts can't play for quids at this venue.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
alviro
elgar
Amla
Smith
Kallis
De Villiers
boucher last test series
Philander
Botha
Steyn
De Lange or Morkel.

Dane villas, kuhn and van wyk to challenge boucher for the gloves.
Now is that really a bad team? Add young Russouw for the reserve batsmen and i think the we not to bad. Parnell developing nicely with the bat and i think we should do well.