• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hard to see a way back for SA in this test. Its a cool overcast morning here in Durban today so at least the bowling conditions will be in their favor.
As much as I would like to see SA stage a comeback and win, I think a loss against the Sri Lankans will finally jolt the selectors into dropping batsmen that aren't performing. Prince needs to go asap.
Knock 'em over?

Been done before.

Len_SA

Cricket Spectator
Knock 'em over?

Been done before.
Its possible. Just feel even if SL are rolled over for say 120, 300 will be a very tough chase. SA batting has looked shaky lately and for some inexplicable reason they tend to save their worst for Durban. Also Herath looks like he could trouble SA in the 4th innings.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Won't be long until South Africa go through the motions. Good stuff from these two to weather the early storm. Kumar looking in good knick now, no longer feeling for the ball.

350 is min for Sri Lanka here. Fancy it will be 400 upwards.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good running from these two. One of the aspects of the game Sri Lanka is well ahead of South Africa in.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it me or is Steyn just trying too hard of late and not really relaxing and doing his stuff like he normally would?

Accuracy seems all over the place in comparison to his normal self, could just be he is out of form which can happen to anyone but it certainly isn't working for him of late.

Beleg

International Regular
Is it me or is Steyn just trying too hard of late and not really relaxing and doing his stuff like he normally would?

Accuracy seems all over the place in comparison to his normal self, could just be he is out of form which can happen to anyone but it certainly isn't working for him of late.
perhaps by his own standards but he's still miles ahead of what most other bowlers are capable of achieving at their best. reckon he's been bowling a wee bit within himself

sanga looks in good nick

that was a brute of a delivery from de lange but i reckon the bounce in the pitch is starting to play up

Beleg

International Regular
and the ball keeping very low, again

edit - anything above 300 is going to be competitive, 350+ and it's advantage sri lanka if they bowl with a bit of heart

problem with sri lanka is that fernando's taken upon himself to be a passenger and that might be a potential 20/30 runs they may miss on

kallis ain't anything more than a leaky faucet at this stage...

edit 2: i love the sky commentary team - genuinely insightful at times and they raise a fair point - re: dilshan + paranavithana holing out in the same area

but it makes me wonder - do coaches every try and encourage alternative approaches for dealing with the corridor of uncertainty? is it actually possible to use the pitch and/or footwork to mitigate the instinctive poke?

Last edited:

Briony

International Debutant
Probably enough now - SA rarely turns up in Durban. Funny thing is it's sometimes after a resounding win and yet when they see Kingsmead they turn to jelly.

Briony

International Debutant
Might as well bring on Tahir at the other end. Let Sri Lanka get the lead up to 500.
Maybe yet another loss at Durban will be a good thing for SA. Kirsten might see it as a reality check and passengers can be offloaded.

Boucher and Haddin are in parallel situations and you'd think both were on shaky ground.

It's mystifying how Prince has retained his place for so long.

Sri Lanka has its problems but like most other visitors plays Durban much better than its hosts.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
three stoaways in our boat. Prince, Rudolph and Boucher must go, but knowing the selectors, im willing to bet that Boucher will be safe. Now its Time for Hudson to show some balls. By the way, do we really need to have a spinner in our conditions? Maybe Tahir is suited for the sc. Either way, changes have to be made to our batting line up, the middle order is woeful. Come to think of it, we been going to battle with less than 6 guys contributing. Shameful