• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
crickey said:
also they dont like goldie up there...he copped more jip than he did praise...even tho they are supposed to support NZ
Cantab fans are notorious for it - they boo guys playing for the All Blacks if they think a Cantab player should be there.

Ie. Allan Hewson when Robbie Deans was playing for Canterbury.

Darrin

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
*Official*NZ Domestic Season

Tim said:
Great...Auckland being the worst OD side this season get 3 matches live.

N.D have been the other team that usually gets alot of coverage, but they seem to have missed out..which is a shame this time because they seem to be playing the most up & coming players this season.
It's all based on where the games are played. A fair amount each season are played in the north island and they seem to come down to the south island as token gesture. Something of which angers me because im a canterburian.

bryce

International Regular
yeah i think auckland gets alot of games because most of the commentators are based there, otago never get any of their matches shown and it's disappointing ND don't because they have alot of new young players this season but i suppose they have had their fair share of coverage over the years, IIRC wellington haven't had much of their matches shown either have they...

anzac

International Debutant
great to see Fulton & Stewart amongst the runs again - Stewart is my pick as a 'sleeper' for future intnl duty...............

congrads to Wiseman - amazing!!!!!!

well done the baby ND team..............

anzac

International Debutant
if Oram is out for the season then NZL MUST select a 6-4 lineup, as there is no other bowling 'allrounder' with the same sort of credentials to bat at #7 or higher.............Franklin would probably be the closest but he is NOT a Test #7 IMO..............

if they did go with 5 bowlers & play McCullum at #6 (or where ever) they'd be shortening the batting even further than it already is................

ND_fan

Cricket Spectator
Re TV coverage

Prime are showing highlights of the ND v Canterbury tomorrow at 10:30pm and ND v Otago on the 30th as well.

bryce

International Regular
ND_fan said:
Prime are showing highlights of the ND v Canterbury tomorrow at 10:30pm and ND v Otago on the 30th as well.
oh that's great, hope they continue doing that for the remaining rounds

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
How can Prime being showing highlights of N.D/Canterbury when Sky are showing Auckland/C.D?

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
cric_manic said:
they showed live tests and live domestic cricket last year
Stop complaining and get sky. Its new age gangstar. Honestly complaining gets you nowhere. Identify your weakenessses and forget about it g unit

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks for mentioning the Prime highlights, ND Fan.

Amazingly this isn't some Sky package they're buying, but their own separate two-hour highlights it seems. Hopefully the late venue change from Hamilton to Gisborne hasn't stuffed up their first two games -

Today -
On Sky, Auck v CD
On Prime, ND v Canterbury
http://www.primetv.co.nz/home.asp

Sunday -
On Sky, Auck v Wgtn
On Prime, ND v Otago
http://www.primetv.co.nz/whatson.asp?dayID=7&num=2

Tuesday -
On Prime Wgtn v Ctby
http://www.primetv.co.nz/whatson.asp?dayID=9&num=4

Thursday -
On Sky, Ctby v Auck
On Prime, also Ctby v Auck
http://www.primetv.co.nz/whatson.asp?dayID=11&num=6

...if someone has a month-long TV guide they might be able to fill in the rest for CW.

Will Prime be getting their pictures from NZC's 'pooch' cameras which are used to monitor domestic games? I've occasionally sat next to the guy doing these at McLean Park, with like a handycam on a tripod pointed straight down the pitch.

I expect it to be real indie stuff, with limited camera angles, sh**y graphics and not much commentary, but that's OK. . :)

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I suppose it will be like that Heartland Rugby show. Amateur commentators & amateur video footage.

Still, I guess it's better than nothing.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
im wsatching CD vs Auckland now

Suprising its not low production values.. infact its exactly the same as ODI.. same cameras.. same commentators... nice work sky

poop ross taylor out first ball :(

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see Kyle Mills return to domestic cricket & bowl really well. He seemed to use all his international experience to good use today.

ND_fan

Cricket Spectator
MoxPearl said:
im wsatching CD vs Auckland now

Suprising its not low production values.. infact its exactly the same as ODI.. same cameras.. same commentators... nice work sky

poop ross taylor out first ball :(
Not quite exactly, would be good to have the speed gun/radar, whatever, but I think that's been talked about before.

shaka

International Regular
Kyle Mills is bowling better for Auckland than he has recently in international games. He almost had a hat trick, which turned out to be a brilliant ball.