• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Fiery

Banned
Voltman said:
Has that been confirmed today? It was a possible stress fracture yesterday...
According to Bryan Waddle who said on Radio Sport that he heard it from Oram himself.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Oram & the NZC are trying to put a positive spin on it all, but I believe the reality is that Oram will indeed miss the entire Australian series.

crickey

Cricket Spectator
yip totally agree...ryder is a wild child and definately needs to focus on the game a lot more...mind you as do a lot of domestic crickets...ND as a whole are pretty appauling

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Tim said:
I think Oram & the NZC are trying to put a positive spin on it all, but I believe the reality is that Oram will indeed miss the entire Australian series.
Well that makes things interesting as to who will take his place in both the ODI and test side. I honestly think that Wilson would be the best option in both forms although both Adams and Canning could do an equally good job in the ODI's

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Adams certainly could not bat above #9 in test cricket so that limits his chances.

If you look at the batting side of it, Canning probably is the front-runner because he has built up a reasonable FC record.

I'd be leaning towards selecting Canning..but he'd have to bowl pretty well because his bowling at best is slowish medium.

However, if Wilson goes back to the State Championship and scores a couple of fifties & continues to bowl well...Canning might be tough out of luck.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Tim said:
Adams certainly could not bat above #9 in test cricket so that limits his chances.

If you look at the batting side of it, Canning probably is the front-runner because he has built up a reasonable FC record.

I'd be leaning towards selecting Canning..but he'd have to bowl pretty well because his bowling at best is slowish medium.
Yeah i don't think his bowling is at test quality although from what i saw of Wilson on Saturday i think he could be test quality

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Shock among shocks - Paul Wiseman wrapped up CD this morning, with a staggering spell of 9-13 off about 16 overs.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Pitch must have been a shocker...lol.

Well done to Wizzer, if only he could bowl like that for NZ.

Fiery

Banned
Richard Rash said:
Yeah i don't think his bowling is at test quality although from what i saw of Wilson on Saturday i think he could be test quality
I believe they will keep Wilson in the side despite form. He's a ratings bonanza. Sneds would be insisting he's selected. I would love to see how he goes against the Aussies in 3 tests and I think the rest of the country would too even if they're not big cricket fans.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I doubt the pitch would have been the problem considering both Fulton & Stewart scored big hundreds on it.

Must have been a case of good bowling & poor batting from C.D

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Fiery said:
I believe they will keep Wilson in the side despite form. He's a ratings bonanza. Sneds would be insisting he's selected. I would love to see how he goes against the Aussies in 3 tests and I think the rest of the country would too even if they're not big cricket fans.
Somehow i think NZ cricket is a little more profesional than that...

bryce

International Regular
it's the best innings figures in all first-class cricket since debias mohanty took 10/46 in the 2000-01 indian domestic season, it's also completely unbelievable

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
N.D must currently be using one of the youngest ever opening partnerships in NZ's FC history.

Wilson & Watling both 19.