• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching Brent Hefford today...he bowls an extremely good line & length.
So far he's bowled 3 overs no wicket for 2 runs & one of those runs was a no-ball.

John Bracewell is at the ground, I wonder if he's keeping an eye on Hefford.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Auckland are a disgrace..10/3.

How on earth they do well in the State Championship aswell, I wouldn't have a clue.

Ming

State 12th Man
cric_manic said:
they showed live tests and live domestic cricket last year
They only showed the final live. If you ask me, I would rather have most of the season highlights than just one game live.

rogerramjet

Cricket Spectator
I've gotta say I'm ****ed off they aren't showing all the Auckland's Aces games live. Surely it makes sense to show them all based on Auckland's superior population and the fact all the commentators live there.

:D

rogerramjet

Cricket Spectator
Would Aucklanders want to see Auckland performing so badly in the one day game?
I think most Aucklanders would be completely oblivious there's a domestic game on, let alone knowing how crap Auckland are doing.

I heard they televise Auckland games more than most because it is just plain logistically easier for Sky. They live in Auckland just like the commentators:-)

I quite like going to Eden park no2. Would much rather watch the cricket there than on the television.

To be honest, on television I am more interested in seeing young talented players I haven't seen before ie. not Auckland games.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Auckland for the last 4 years have looked a total shambles at times in the One-Day arena.

Today for example, Andre Adams phoned in sick..but still went to the ground & then even played touch rugby before the match. Lou Vincent also had a freak accident trying to nail in some wood on his deck a few days ago.

For the amount of club players in Auckland compared to the other provinces..it's unbelievable how poorly Auckland play at times.

rogerramjet

Cricket Spectator
Auckland are crap in the ODI games yet successful in the 4 dayers. This is the polar opposite to the Black Caps.

Maybe we give the test reins to O'Donnell and leave Bracewell with the ODI unit.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
What the heck happened with Prime!!

I've come home and started my tape, and it's just a two-hour Sky package of CD v Auckland after all. Where Prime got their schedule for all these alternative games from I have no idea.

ND_fan

Cricket Spectator
Kippax said:
What the heck happened with Prime!!

I've come home and started my tape, and it's just a two-hour Sky package of CD v Auckland after all. Where Prime got their schedule for all these alternative games from I have no idea.
I'd say the relocation of the ND v Canterbury game mucked up their plans so they just showed Sky's highlights instead of going to Gisbourne.

bryce

International Regular
ND_fan said:
I'd say the relocation of the ND v Canterbury game mucked up their plans so they just showed Sky's highlights instead of going to Gisbourne.
i'd say that's about right aswell - i was pretty ****ed off though i heard it was a pretty good match.
i fielded a bit for our premier club side before my game since they had a player coming late and bj watling was keeping for us - i couldn't believe how small he is, i swear i've seen primary kids about his size
i got 51 in my game today aswell :cool:

ND_fan

Cricket Spectator
I was ****ed off too, Aldridge bowled well again - was on a hattrick in the final over and only 4 off it I think. Hopefully Prime might get to Gisbourne for tomorrows match although I'm not counting on it...

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Glenn Turner is really starting to **** me off, How he can justify picking Andrew Hore again and again. He is nothing but a filthy slogger at the end of his career. When we have some pretty talented youngsters. Then he brings in Jordan Sheed who just can't score in domestic cricket. We showed we were a seam bowler short in the last game, so what do we do, we replace an out of form batsman. Glenn our tail is long enough! This would of been a great chance to of given Craig Smith a go. But no. I'm glad Turner is retiring this year, good ridence.

Blaze

Banned
Man Welington batted **** today. I would have thought Fleming would be able to dominate Kyle Mills but Mills was all over him