• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

bryce

International Regular
even though franklin ended with good figures the amount of balls he bowled on the pads of the auckland batsman was disgusting, no wonder he gets smacked round against quality teams who have no trouble putting those balls away for four.
prime are the most useless ****s out

Blaze

Banned
bryce said:
even though franklin ended with good figures the amount of balls he bowled on the pads of the auckland batsman was disgusting, no wonder he gets smacked round against quality teams who have no trouble putting those balls away for four.
prime are the most useless ****s out
Did Prime show the match on sky again? I was always sceptical about them saying they would be showing diferent highlights to those on sky. Really it's about time they had a show similar to heartland rugby to show the highlights from both the OD's and the four dayers. I mean for crying out loud they even have a soccer show where they show highlights from every game of the NZ championship. Cricket is our summer game and the domestic coverage or lack there of is quite frankly discusting

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I've finally figured out what happened with Prime. Martin Crowe mentioned Sky was scheduled to go to Hamilton, but talking to the likes of Rigor about the pitch and the recent record of boring matches Sky have covered there made him change his mind.

He must've faxed Prime the original schedule back when they picked up the rights, and then forgot to advise them of the change.

bryce

International Regular
so the prime 'hype' has been for nothing, are they just going to replay the games shown on sky?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Teriffic display by Taylor & How v N.D

Chasing 215, C.D are currently 142/1 with How on 40* & Taylor on 79*.

Good to see both of them running into some form.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
He is a bit on the chubby side, but he definatley doesn't need to lose that much weight!.

It's a bit of a shame that Wellington don't give Ryder a free license to open or something. A few years back he was looking like an extremely good & aggressive opening batsmen but obviously Vaughan Johnson doesn't think so.

Fiery

Banned
Tim said:
He is a bit on the chubby side, but he definatley doesn't need to lose that much weight!.

It's a bit of a shame that Wellington don't give Ryder a free license to open or something. A few years back he was looking like an extremely good & aggressive opening batsmen but obviously Vaughan Johnson doesn't think so.
I like to exaggerate. I was looking forward to seeing him bat after hearing all the hype but was a bit disappointed in how fat he is. He looks like he can bat a bit and has a good pair of hands in the field.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
He's actually not that fat if you ask me....he could probably do to lose 4 or 5 kg's, but it's not a major concern IMO.

Whats more of a concern is that he really does look to be struggling & I think it's because Wellington are giving him the wrong type of responsibility in the batting order.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
wellington have managed to like self destruct :(

Damn.>

By the way.. ross taylor got out for 99 D:!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah bit of a shame for Taylor.

Some close finishes coming up too...both C.D & Otago have stumbled a little.

shaka

International Regular
Mcmillan bowled well today, is he trying to send Fleming a message, by getting him caught and bowled? Although I cannot believe his bowling average is 22.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im really pleased we won't have to watch Auckland in the finals...they're awful at the moment. It would have been a disaster if they had won all of their last games to make the final.

At the moment..im backing C.D, Canterbury, N.D & Otago to make the finals.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
It will be very interesting to see who will make the top three.

ND should definetly make it(BTW didn't they finish last last season?). The final two places will be a scrap between CD, Cantabs and Otago. Otago have got their destiny in their own hands by having both their last two games against Cd and Canterbury.

bryce

International Regular
Tim said:
At the moment..im backing C.D, Canterbury, N.D & Otago to make the finals.
only three teams make the finals, i'd say it will be the current top three aswell and they are also the teams playing the best

southern man said:
ND should definetly make it(BTW didn't they finish last last season?).
yep they had a horrible season - last in both competitions, graham aldridge has the rather astonishing record of 18 wickets in only 8 matches in the state shield so far

bryce

International Regular
brendon diamanti has to be one of the most inconsistent bowlers in the country(to date) - maybe even more so than joseph yovich, here are his figures in chronological order for this years state shield,

1/16 off 9
1/43 off 5
0/51 off 8
3/28 off 10
0/61 off 8
4/39 off 10

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks a fairly useful player actually. But far from polished IMO. After-all this is his first real season of FC cricket.
He looked to be bowling at around 135 km's & I think his batting has a bit of potential too.

lol, the commentators kept pronouncing his name as the Mitsubishi car Diamante lol.

I also see that Carl Cachopa is playing for Auckland...really big talent there. He is South African, but has a bright future hopefully for NZ.