• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Natman20

International Debutant
Trott has really been the suprise package of NZ domestic this season. He has a great future in international cricket if he can carry that form on overseas.

Im loving the batting NZ has available now and it shows that we havea batting future after the world cup. Bowling is another matter though.

Trott should get citizenship in NZ. The next Chris Cairns! well good all-rounder anyway :)

Natman20

International Debutant
Right arm fast said:
ewen thompson on the verge of a century 98*
Thomson has also impressed me this season although I don't think he is near to getting picked for a NZ side though. Maybe an a team.

Craig

World Traveller
Natman20 said:
Trott has really been the suprise package of NZ domestic this season. He has a great future in international cricket if he can carry that form on overseas.

Im loving the batting NZ has available now and it shows that we havea batting future after the world cup. Bowling is another matter though.

Trott should get citizenship in NZ. The next Chris Cairns! well good all-rounder anyway :)
How long does he has to wait?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Natman20 said:

That does say a lot about the relative strengths of the 2 domestic competitions.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe so, but players the likes of Craig Spearman and Andre Adams have had more success in England than in New Zealand.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed. Andre Adams hasn't scored a first class century here, yet in his 1st or 2nd match for Essex he blazed a century batting at #9. And Craig Spearman never ever got close to hitting a triple century here, let alone a double.

Jonathon Trott is just having a stellar season with the bat. And his type of bowling is useful for most grounds in NZ.

He'd have to wait 4 years to get residency here. Im not sure there's much point, he may aswell complete residency for England.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
How old is this guy Tim Weston? he's had a pretty good debut so far.
Crikey - I briefly heard his name mentioned on the radio and thought, surely it can't be the guy I played with at Albion in Dunedin a few years back, but it must be. He was a tidyish keeper, but his batting wasn't terribly wonderful at that stage.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
He'd have to wait 4 years to get residency here. Im not sure there's much point, he may aswell complete residency for England.
He won't get near the England side in any form, so it depends if he can make enough money to justify changing residency and losing his county income.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
He won't get near the England side in any form, so it depends if he can make enough money to justify changing residency and losing his county income.
i don't think that's true Marc, i think he might have a decent shot at ODI side after the WC.

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
That does say a lot about the relative strengths of the 2 domestic competitions.

Hardly.. The bowling attack he was facing was -

CS Martin
KD Mills
TK Canning
AR Adams
TI Lythe
PA Hitchcock

5 of whom have played for New Zealand in one form of the game and 3 in both.

New Zealand's domestic sides aren't that weak because there are only 6 sides to spread the talent around.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
_Ed_ said:
Maybe so, but players the likes of Craig Spearman and Andre Adams have had more success in England than in New Zealand.
That's a great point. I'm sick of hearing all these people go on about "The only reason Trott is doing well in NZ is because the domestic competition is so weak". If you look at the OD cometition especially, it would have to be the strongest it's been for a while, and Trott was still smacking it around. Why not just give it up to the guy and accept he is performing well?

There are many cases of average performers coming good in all forms of cricket. Look at Cairns for instance. Potential for years on end, turned into a class performer.

Last edited:

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Blaze said:
Hardly.. The bowling attack he was facing was -

CS Martin
KD Mills
TK Canning
AR Adams
TI Lythe
PA Hitchcock
Certainly better than a lot of the English first class bowling combinations out there. And would do rather well in the Zimbabwe and Bangladesh teams as well. May even make them slightly competitive. Although, Martin may end up batting ahead of Mashrafe.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Peter McGlashan, the guy I reckon who has jumped ahead of Gareth Hopkins as the back-up keeper to McCullum, is currently 95* against Wellington.

McGlashan really is a good player, its good to see him starting to fulfil some of his promise.