• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Well actually you tried to make a point of having no point other wise you wouldn't have posted. Anywho, your potty mouth exhibits itself when the point you are attempting to make flumoxes even yourself.

Potty mouth.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Blakey said:
Well actually you tried to make a point of having no point other wise you wouldn't have posted. Anywho, your potty mouth exhibits itself when the point you are attempting to make flumoxes even yourself.

Potty mouth.
Heu buddy. Just remember that this is a CRICKET forum, not a high horse forum. You should be able to find that at www.highhorseknowitalls.com :dry:

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Here is a good article about the State Chamionship resuming tomorrow...

http://www.nzcricket.co.nz/display.aspx?pri=20&sec=69&cid=6151&provider=0&tpl=0

TBH, the way they structured the season was very clever, get to look at List A players before the Windies ODI series, then get to look at the first class players before the tests. Coincidence?

Also, I'm glad the Black Caps got to play in the domestic competition this year. While, yes, we did miss out on some international cricket, it was better for them than playing Zim (who were supposed to be here - guess we can thank the government for that mercy), and it was really good to see the Flemings, Astles, and Vettoris, up against the Taylors, Barnetts, and Nichols etc.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Richard Jones looking good vs Otago today, 75 * so far.
Also, Gary Stead has ground out a good half century.

AUCK 125/2 vs OTG
CANT 113/1 vs CD
WGTN 118/3 vs ND (Ryder 36*)

No big collapses or anything yet!

Craig

World Traveller
Now that he has discovered his brain and playing like a player people were raving about him, could he force a spot into the Black Caps? I guess Peter Fulton would be ahead of him.

I don't have the time to follow NZ domestic a lot now so please bear with me.

Natman20

International Debutant
Ross Taylor for prime minister :thumbup:

Its so unfortunate we have a bit too much depth in the middle order batting at the moment :)

A year ago I would have laughed at myself for saying a little bit of batting depth in NZ

Go Ross Taylor hoping that he is put in place of Marshall

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
He's playing for Otago 'A'. Hasn't really cut the mustard at domestic level here unfortunately for him.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
kwek said:
could any of you kiwi's tell me what happend to Marcel Mckenzie?
Adding to Tim's comments, he's been living here in North Otago (his home province), playing for the Union club and captaining North Otago in Hawke Cup cricket. He's a cut above any other batsman here, although I'm not sure if playing here helps his game.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Voltman said:
Adding to Tim's comments, he's been living here in North Otago (his home province), playing for the Union club and captaining North Otago in Hawke Cup cricket. He's a cut above any other batsman here, although I'm not sure if playing here helps his game.
any stats on that ?
he was utter poo in holland :D
33 McKenzie M N V.C.C. m17 i17 no2 r401 hs71* avg26,73
nice lad though, and a very good fielder too !

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Now that he has discovered his brain and playing like a player people were raving about him, could he force a spot into the Black Caps? I guess Peter Fulton would be ahead of him.

Our middle order depth (first class wise) is certainly very good considering we all seem to want to drop Hamish Marshall who just a year ago was making big test hundreds against SL and Aus. What do we have? Styris, Fulton, Astle, McMillan, Marshall (both I guess), Ryder, Taylor, Vincent (who must surely bat 4, 5, or 6 in tests). Even Oram when his stone bruise gets better...

Scary.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
kwek said:
any stats on that ?
he was utter poo in holland :D
33 McKenzie M N V.C.C. m17 i17 no2 r401 hs71* avg26,73
nice lad though, and a very good fielder too !
On North Otago club cricket? No - he's made a century and a few 50s though. It's not a very good standard though.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Trott does it AGAIN for Otago - 120 out of 340/8

And Wellington all over ND. I thought their batting line up was better than 160/5.

Last edited: