• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the ECB had heard the newspaper reports over here of Bracewell eyeing Trott. But this pretty much confirms that he's going to try and crack the England team so good luck to him.
I still think he's thinking of his career longevity.

If he becomes a Kiwi, he'll be a lot more pushed to get a gig as an overseas player in County Cricket, especially with the new rulings on payments coming in over here.

Craig

World Traveller
Are South Africans born and are given an English passport with their South African one? Bit like the Argentine footballer with an Italian passport. Everybody has an Italian parent.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Auckland all out 235 vs Wgtn 20/1 - Tim Lythe the off spinner made 66 - Gillespie and Franklin take 3 wkts a piece.

ND and CD falling over somewhat after strong starts against Canty and Otago respectively - 250/8 and 265/6.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
hey Jez,

Where is Te Ahu Davis and Sherlock and Corni?

Thought perhaps these guys would be playing at the mo.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Sherlock played in the last game - don't know why he isn'tplaying in this one.

Te Ahu is definitely injured, and I haven't heard about Wade Corn for the season.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Davis was missing from the N.D side because he was originally dropped and then I think he sustained an ankle? injury. He could be back in the side soon, he had a good club match last weekend.

We've just got to hope that Sherlock stays injury free for more than a handful of games and Ian Butler recovers in time for the NZ 'A' tour to Australia in June.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Tim said:
We've just got to hope that Sherlock stays injury free for more than a handful of games and Ian Butler recovers in time for the NZ 'A' tour to Australia in June.
Got to say that if Butler does come back in time for the NZ A tour, he will have to do a lot of work as:
A. He has not played as a fast bowler for a long time
B. The selectors do not look upon him that favourably

PS. Bet they are glad he didn't get a contract now!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Butler has the potential, he's one of the few young guys in FC cricket bowling with pace right now. So the selectors and him are going to have to meet in the middle and work out their differences because we desperately need him to make progress in the next year or so.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Tim said:
Butler has the potential, he's one of the few young guys in FC cricket bowling with pace right now.
No he's not! Last time I heard he was playing as a batsman for ND A and bowling off spin. Have you heard otherwise? BTW, I agree with your selectors comment.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I know he's not playing!. But I don't see many other bowlers around who are capable of bowling at his kind of pace.

SouthernMan

Cricket Spectator
Tim said:
Yeah I know he's not playing!. But I don't see many other bowlers around who are capable of bowling at his kind of pace.

James McMillan can, but sadly like Butler he spends far to much time on the sideline.

Jordan Sheed is continuing his fine form this season, with another 50. He has been a revalation as an opener, maybe he could be a future test opener sometime down the line if he can continue his good run. He has been one of the most consistent openers this season.

Ming

State 12th Man
It's not that suprising. Franklin has a very good technqiue, plays straight well and also has an attacking edge to him at first class level. Handy allrounder to have.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Ming said:
It's not that suprising. Franklin has a very good technqiue, plays straight well and also has an attacking edge to him at first class level. Handy allrounder to have.
No. It's not surprising. He used to be a batsman who bowled at U19 level. But he has been underachieving with the bat for so long I had become used to it.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Also, this dominating performace by Otago is making me think (more than last weeks game against Auckland) that they are genuine contenders!