• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Oh the irony! He was really the only relevant participant in that game.
You would have thought so. Maybe Ross Taylor. Loved Cairns talking to Taylor at the end. Looked like he had a kind word to the young lad. Maybe it was "Learn how to bowl reasonably probing seamers. That'll get you in the team."

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sirjeremy11 said:
You would have thought so. Maybe Ross Taylor. Loved Cairns talking to Taylor at the end. Looked like he had a kind word to the young lad. Maybe it was "Learn how to bowl reasonably probing seamers. That'll get you in the team."
Or maybe he was autographing his bat.

For shame, Paddy. For dern shame.

Natman20

International Debutant
:laugh: Yeah I saw that. I particularly liked the looks of Astle and Taylors batting yesterday. Craig McMillan still doesn't deserve a spot in the NZ squad as his shots are most likely to get him out often.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Natman20 said:
:laugh: Craig McMillan still doesn't deserve a spot in the NZ squad as his shots are most likely to get him out often.
What is with that little run it down to third man shot? I remember seeing him try it against Allan Donald back in 1998 (yes, he was bowling fast then). It's like someone said to Macca "You only ever try to hit boundary's. Why not try to get some singles and break up the field?" and what he heard was "Run it down to third man".

Retox

State Vice-Captain
sirjeremy11 said:
What is with that little run it down to third man shot? I remember seeing him try it against Allan Donald back in 1998 (yes, he was bowling fast then). It's like someone said to Macca "You only ever try to hit boundary's. Why not try to get some singles and break up the field?" and what he heard was "Run it down to third man".

Hey Macca can hit the ball in other places for singles, That reverse sweep he has. It never fails.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Retox said:
Hey Macca can hit the ball in other places for singles, That reverse sweep he has. It never fails.
I guess so. He is also quite adept at the powerfully hit leading edge that goes straight up in the air. As well as the swing-the-bat-around-his-front-pad-and-miss shot.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Anyone keen to start a take the p#ss out of McMillan thread?

Sad, really, he used to be one of my favourite players to watch. That hundred he got against Pakistan at Jade was sennnnnnnnnnn-sational! Whacky doo! (the one with all the no balls in the last over). But he is just so frustrating to watch him flounder around when I have seen him be so damn classy!

I thought that batsmen were supposed to mature and get better?!!!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah, I thought he used to have a bucket load of talent and would improve over the years and average over 45 by the time he was 30 in tests. But he's done the exact opposite.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
I think has the talent/skill but then he does stupid things... Stuff we would never do playing cricket for our schools

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
NZTailender said:
Yeah, I thought he used to have a bucket load of talent and would improve over the years and average over 45 by the time he was 30 in tests. But he's done the exact opposite.
Oh, I don't question the bucket loads of talent. I think that his game has gone backwards and a lot of people have figured him out. And yes, if he did play test cricket till he was 45, I think he would average 30.8-)

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
My State Shield XI (including international players)

+MHW Papps
*SP Fleming
RL Taylor
RJ Nicol
IJL Trott
JAH Marshall
CL Cairns
DL Vettori
EP Thompson
BP Martin
LJ Hamilton

Very interesting team that... How many players made it to the ODI squad? I know Trott can't... If it was NZ eligble, maybe pick How instead.

James

Cricket Web Owner
sirjeremy11 said:
Anyone keen to start a take the p#ss out of McMillan thread?

Sad, really, he used to be one of my favourite players to watch. That hundred he got against Pakistan at Jade was sennnnnnnnnnn-sational! Whacky doo! (the one with all the no balls in the last over). But he is just so frustrating to watch him flounder around when I have seen him be so damn classy!

I thought that batsmen were supposed to mature and get better?!!!
sirjeremy11 - please watch your language. That's at least two posts where you're avoiding the filter today.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
James said:
sirjeremy11 - please watch your language. That's at least two posts where you're avoiding the filter today.
Sure. I will use much tamer language. Sometimes (especially when talking about Craig McMillan), a man just has to swear!

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Not at all unusual for SirJeremy to resort to gutter mouth terminology. Get's like that when he is unconvinced of his own points.

Come on Jez get it together.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Blakey said:
Not at all unusual for SirJeremy to resort to gutter mouth terminology. Get's like that when he is unconvinced of his own points.

Come on Jez get it together.
Actually, right now I have no point, yet my language and content is superb.