• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
Peter McGlashan, the guy I reckon who has jumped ahead of Gareth Hopkins as the back-up keeper to McCullum, is currently 95* against Wellington.

McGlashan really is a good player, its good to see him starting to fulfil some of his promise.
He's a bloke who tries things too. He had his keeping bads under his trousers for a while, and has also dabbled with light-enhancing contact lenses. He was improving as a batsman when I watched him play for Otago, but still needed some work on his keeping. But he seems to be scoring a shedload of runs as well now.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
He's being talked about as an all-rounder.

Therefore it does speak volumes...

How about he has been doing well as a batsman who bowls. Could play as a batsman who fills in a few overs now and then (like an astle)

Happy?

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Retox said:
How about he has been doing well as a batsman who bowls. Could play as a batsman who fills in a few overs now and then (like an astle)

Happy?
I agree. However, in NZ he would be more of an all rounder than say, in India.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Papps starts well in the second innings 67*, plus Ryder has struck 43* quickly as well...

Otago look like knocking over Auckland unless something extraordinary happens.

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
He's a bloke who tries things too. He had his keeping bads under his trousers for a while, and has also dabbled with light-enhancing contact lenses. He was improving as a batsman when I watched him play for Otago, but still needed some work on his keeping. But he seems to be scoring a shedload of runs as well now.
he also wears obo pads while batting look like big bits of foam

http://www.obocricket.com

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
State Champs affected by weather today. Gillespie has 14 overs, 2-22 today. That's some good bowling!

PS. Anyone still think Yovich should be given a go? ... :dry:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
He won't get near the England side in any form, so it depends if he can make enough money to justify changing residency and losing his county income.
You'll be excited to hear of his selection in an England development side then? He's having to cut short his Otago season as a result.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
You'll be excited to hear of his selection in an England development side then? He's having to cut short his Otago season as a result.
There you go. England are covering their bases and selecting him at any level so he won't play for anyone else.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Shocked more than anything.
Nah, you must have thought that they would want to lay claim over him before anyone else did. Even if their was half a chance he could become a decent player.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well i'm not shocked in the slightest, as i've said, he's a very promising OD batsman and its one area of the game we struggle in.

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
Shocked more than anything.

I don't see how you can be shocked. Despite you thinking NZ domestic cricket is rubbish, the selectors obviously paid some attention to his form over here.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Blaze said:
I don't see how you can be shocked. Despite you thinking NZ domestic cricket is rubbish, the selectors obviously paid some attention to his form over here.
He certainly has that. Latest 1st class stats - 275 runs at 39.28, 8 wickets at 20.62.

Not bad at all.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't be surprised if the ECB had heard the newspaper reports over here of Bracewell eyeing Trott. But this pretty much confirms that he's going to try and crack the England team so good luck to him.