• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if you exclude Astle's Twenty20 stats, he's been pretty ordinary for Canterbury in the State Shield. Jamie How's performances certainly outweigh his.

But at the end of the day, I wouldn't be surprised if Astle gets into the team. It's good to see a bit of competition for batting.

Blaze

Banned
But then again his last 2 scores for NZ are a 90 and a 45 IIRC whereas How failed to shine after his debut innings.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
But the Sri Lanka series was awhile ago. How has consistently gone and scored runs since for Central....it's going to be a tight call for the selectors.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Perhaps Astle will get selected over How based on him being able to bowl a few overs with us missing Oram and Cairns for the series.

Blaze

Banned
Tim said:
But the Sri Lanka series was awhile ago. How has consistently gone and scored runs since for Central....it's going to be a tight call for the selectors.
Indeed, I think I said a while back that I would give them both games for the series. I think one thing Astle has in his favor is that he can anchor an innings beautifully when we are chasing. He has the record to back that up and the experience.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Really impressed with Taylor. He looks mature at the crease and seems to value his wicket.
The thing I liked about today's century is that he had to adjust his style due to the pitch. Normally he comes out all guns blazing (no pun intended, Blaze), but he had to be content with working a lot of balls around today.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
His OD average must now be over 60, striking at 90+ with something like 4 hundreds and 10 half-centuries. He's a star in the making, that's for sure.

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
James said:
Perhaps Astle will get selected over How based on him being able to bowl a few overs with us missing Oram and Cairns for the series.
sky commentators said bracewell said the advantage of how and taylor is that you could get 4-5 overs from them

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
How has improved his right arm medium alot and Taylor looked fairly decent with his off-spinners, but you wouldn't get anything more than 3 or 4 overs out of either at international level I would think.

Blaze

Banned
33/3from3.3 said:
Is anyone going to the final?

I don't think we have many people living near Christchurch on the forum. I will be watching it on tv though (covering the match for cricket web)

I would go if I was you, Chris Cairns deserves a decent send off.

What is the weather like down there?