• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Natman20 said:
Daryl Tuffey and Ian Butler seem to have been playing for counties manukau for a while now isn't it time they made it back into First-class sides. Their injuries must have been pretty serious if they havn't even been playing first class for ages.
According to my captain, who played with Tuffey for Counties on Saturday, Tuffey wants to be playing for ND again next week.

Butler is out for the season I think, something to do with a bulging disk in his back. He was trying to get into ND A as a batsman because he's been racking up the runs for Pukekohe and Counties.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking forward to seeing some domestic on telly today. Canterbury vs C.D at Napier should be a good contest.

It's good that Butler is taking the time to improve his batting with all the annoyances of his bowling problems. I don't think he'll ever be more than a #9 or #10 at international level but he definately has a bit of batting potential I believe.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Canterbury are in dissaray at 49/6. It's ridiculous that a side with so many top players can be 49/6, but thats what it is.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Really pathetic from Canterbury. Not much else you can say.
Cairns, Astle and McCullum get two runs between them. And considering it's thought to be a fairly decent track...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The pitch looks to be a belter if you ask me. The C.D bowlers have been good though, they just bowl tight lines and really strangle the batsmen..but its not excuse, particularly when you've got so many internationals in your side.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I see Sonny Chan is in the Canterbury team. I saw him at Oamaru earlier in the week - he's got a pretty nice fluid action - almost West Indianesque, you might say. Looks like he gets it through at quite a clip too. Has anybody else seen much of him?

Blaze

Banned
At least Canterbury crawled their way to 160. Ross Taylor should get a bat.

Could have been interesting if Bond played.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
lol 3 run-outs but still How has got scores of 88, 53 & 95...he's on fire.
He's definately outshining Astle so far since the Sri Lankan series.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
That was an extremely important innings for Harris. His side might have been thrashed, but it sent a message to the selectors that he could still score runs and lead his side out of particularly heavy weather.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
That umpire Gary Baxter is an absolute plank...I can't believe NZC are giving him internationals. He shouldn't even be doing 1st grade club matches.