• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
That would be cool. Nice day down that way I hear.

Also who is this kid Bennet who picked up the other opener. Says he is around 18 or so and was first change.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Blakey said:
Sherlock claimed a wicked already. Wish we could get commentary with these games - online, such as with cricinfo.
Just listen to radio sport they always have commentary of the games

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
otago in early trouble at 55/3 a wicket each to cairns,sherlock and bennett
james franklin bowled 7 overs 4 maidens 2-15 at this point against the stags

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
and otago in strife at 65/5 bond with 2 wickets i sense another low score for otago although hopefully redmond can continue his form and belt a big score

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats a very good pace attack, Cairns is still a dangerous bowler at FC level too.

Sherlock & Bond opening the bowling for NZ, now i'd like to see that.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't say I know much about him, sorry.

Great to see:

Bond 12.4-6-13-4
Franklin 16.3-5-30-7

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
medium/fast pacer from South Canterbury. Don't really know too much more about him..but they must rate him highly seeing he's only 19.

Ming

State 12th Man
Astle being tried as a possible Test opener? Bracewell did voice this a while back, and he's just got out opening for Canterbury. Not sure if he has the techqniue to do the job though.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
_Ed_ said:
Can't say I know much about him, sorry.

Great to see:

Bond 12.4-6-13-4
Franklin 16.3-5-30-7
I take more interest in Bond's figures mainly because he has performed so well on the international stage where as Franklin has not. And so taking seven wickets against a state side just makes me think it was 'his day'. It's almost like Macca scoring a hundred and Braces using it as justification to keep him in the squad. Crap. Bracken bowls the same pace as Franlin yet he creates so many more opportunities by placing it in the right spot. Our pitches have so much to answer for - giving a false sense of security and easy wickets with the ball doing to much off the pitch. Times are changing thank god.

19 - very young but very fortunate to have Bond bowling along side him. Nice.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I take more interest in Bond's figures mainly because he has performed so well on the international stage where as Franklin has not
Excuse me? Franklin averages a very respectable 27.1 in test cricket with the ball. Frankly, Im sick and tired of people sayin he hasnt performed. He has had rough times against Australia at various stages, but who, with the exception of Bond, hasnt? He has also bowled good spells against Australia at times, and has a couple of 5'fas against them.

James Franklin is definately a test standard bowler IMO.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree that Franklin is test standard, in fact I want him to be a test regular...just don't want him anywhere near the ODI side at the moment.

Blaze

Banned
Yeah Franklin will be a very useful test bowler in a couple of seasons with experience if they stick with him. I can see him becoming quite a good test bowler.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
_Ed_ said:
I agree that Franklin is test standard, in fact I want him to be a test regular...just don't want him anywhere near the ODI side at the moment.
I completely agree.

In saying that though, there arent really a lot of other options in ODIs. Mills has improved a lot, and should open the bowling and bowl out his 10 IMO. Bond and Adams should probably be the other bowlers when they are fit, but they are often injured, so you need to have backups. Martin and Franklin arent good enough, but who does that leave? Tuffey? Patel? McSkimming?