• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Great to see Pete McGlashan getting a few more runs as well. There lower order has really lead the wayin the first matches

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I've heard good reports about this guy Geoff Barnett from C.D. Tall, lefty..has all the shots. Could form a good opening partnership with Jamie How, if things click this season.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Sherlock could be getting a bowl very soon in the Canterbury vs Auckland match.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah 86 & a 60...Taylor's problem has been his lack of consistency so touch wood he gets it going this season.

It's good to see both Ryder & Taylor scoring runs and also good to see Jamie How score 86 today too.

Ming

State 12th Man
Some reporters really don't have a clue about domestic cricket. A NZ Herald report said, "medium-pacer Sherlock...."

Anyone who follows domestic cricket would know that Sherlock is a quickie.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah I thought that was quite funny. Dayle Hadlee reckons he's a 150+ km bowler so the reporter obviously doesn't follow domestic cricket that much anyway.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't like the look of the fact that Sherlock has bowled 15.3 overs and Nixon McLean has bowled 13.3 overs..so someone must have been injured.

Not a good sign.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Tim said:
I don't like the look of the fact that Sherlock has bowled 15.3 overs and Nixon McLean has bowled 13.3 overs..so someone must have been injured.

Not a good sign.
Its McLean that is injured

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Yeah Sherlock bowled the extra three balls from Mcleans over. I noticed that reporter called Sherlock a medium pace bowler also. Anyone seen him bowl and how fast he is?

Hope this season he is injury free.

Notice David is getting limited spells also - is this a premeditated request from the Academy - so the young bowlers aren't flogged? Again anyone seen this kid bowl - any comments on him?

Macca - why do they keep on keeping on with him. Surely even a newby couldn't perform as consistently poorly as he has.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Bracewell dug himself a hole the other day when he was speaking to Deaker. The Marshall brothers are totally out of form, so surely they need a break from the Black Caps.

And you'd think McMillan is on the thin ice too, with Astle not too far behind. I suppose Astle's ODI record is what is saving him right now.

I think they've got to bring a couple of fresh faces in. They're not really losing anything because 3 of the top order batsmen aren't scoring runs anyway.

There is even a question mark whether Fulton will make the ODI team because I read somewhere that they believe he is only a test option. Despite the fact that he has one of the better OD records in domestic cricket and that he can also score quite quickly.

I think Ryder & Taylor would be too similar to bring in. I think they need to bring in Ryder & Fulton because Fulton has around 4 or 5 FC seasons behind him now and he is a proven run-scorer over the last 3 years.

Blaze

Banned
Tim I disagree about Fulton and Ryder being similar. Taylor is in the Andrew Symonds mould IMO whereas Ryder is more conventional. I could be wrong but that is what I think from what I have seen/heard/read.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Sherlock claimed a wicked already. Wish we could get commentary with these games - online, such as with cricinfo.