• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well they did lose Chris Gaffaney..apparently he might be playing the one-dayers though.
If it weren't for lack of batsmen over the last few years, Sheed wouldn't come close to making the Otago side.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice to see Sherlock in the starting XI for the Cantabs tomorrow. Should be an interesting match to follow if Styris and Vincent are in the Auckland batting line-up, and the rain forecast throughout the week holds off.

A friend of mine has said he's looking forward to pointing and laughing at me if my "boyfriend Sherlock" gets carted this season after I've talked him up as a prospect for so long. To be honest the guy I saw at the Basin late in '03 and the current version could have very little in common for all I know, but I'll just be glad to see him string some games together, regardless of the stats.

Hopefully Canterbury don't deem him too expensive for the ODs, as I'm keen to see him on TV this season.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The worst scenario would be if Craig McMillan went out and scored big runs. Im sick & tired of him doing this and then performing poorly at international level.

Let's cross our fingers that Sherlock plays well and makes it through the match with no injury concerns.

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Tim said:
The worst scenario would be if Craig McMillan went out and scored big runs. Im sick & tired of him doing this and then performing poorly at international level.
Amen. McMillan needs to be dropped *for an extended period* like Vincent. He needs to be dropped properly.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Bracewell was saying to Deaker that the reason why McMillan is in the team is because he can score runs quickly and can dominate a bowling attack..but he just doesn't seem to do it. When the pressure goes on, 9/10 he goes MIA.

He plays & misses, blocks & nudges and then plays an insanely stupid reverse paddle or attempted inside/out shot.
Bracewell says the team is learning to trust each other with the way they play, but surely some of the team must be questioning his attitude at certain times.

I have no doubt that McMillan has the talent. He's probably been one of the most talented we've had, but he seems to have brain explosions far too often for his actual ability to show through. And I think time is running out for him to turn it around.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like N.D, Canterbury & Wellington could all be out on Day 1 if they;re not careful.

While I want to see Canterbury score runs, I wouldn't mind seeing how Sherlock does with the ball today either.

Natman20

International Debutant
Tim said:
Looks like N.D, Canterbury & Wellington could all be out on Day 1 if they;re not careful.

While I want to see Canterbury score runs, I wouldn't mind seeing how Sherlock does with the ball today either.
This is the worrying thing with NZ domestic cricket, it is not often when you see a good score and selections arn't easy because there are only a few stand out players.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Wellington has improved to 109/3 thanks to Neal Parlane and Jesse Ryder. Parlane is just one short of a fifty.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
To be fair though, over the last 2 or 3 years there has been a huge increase in centuries being made. And I think the pitches are slowly starting to improve at domestic level.

4 years ago I remember only 5 or 6 centuries were made in an entire season, I think last year there were 15+ so its getting better.

Natman20

International Debutant
Ryder has to be in the NZ squad soon. I will be very disappointed if Craig McMillan is still in the squad in the Sri Lanka series although mcmillan seems to have been doing all right in his innings in this match.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
133 & 79 so far this season for Ryder. Good start, but he'll need to keep that momentum going to make the selectors have sleepless nights before the Sri Lanka series.

Blaze

Banned
Tim said:
133 & 79 so far this season for Ryder. Good start, but he'll need to keep that momentum going to make the selectors have sleepless nights before the Sri Lanka series.

He is in great touch. Every time he has batted in club cricket lately he has got at least a start.

Natman20

International Debutant
Great effort by Yovich and Orchard

Northern Districts - 277/5
Last Wicket - 38/5

you do the maths

M Orchard - 112*
J Yovich - 106*

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Great to see Orchard showing some people he can bat. I think he is a great player and I know the selctors do as well. Yovich is always reliable down there.

300 run partnership for them now

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats an incredible partnership. Considering they haven't really had huge scores, either of them before.

Ming

State 12th Man
Voltman said:
Otago starts off on the right foot with a seven-wicket win after some pretty handy rearguard action from the ND batsmen. Let's see if the boys from the deep south can keep it up.
Nope. 56/8

:D