• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

ND_fan

Cricket Spectator
Styris had 8 balls to score 4 runs to make the fastest ever century in NZ first class cricket. Bugger he didn't but still a great knock.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Grrrrr why dont we get to see any highlights of the other games? Its good to see the live matches but instead of a full replay on SS3 the next day I would much rather see highlights from the other games even if theyre not with the normal cameras and commentary etc

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Judging by the scores in Taupo, the pitch must have been a good one.

I see in the media there are complaints beginning to surface about some of the 3rd rate pitches being produced. I wonder how long it will be before NZC have to bite the bullet & play more FC games at grounds like Carisbrook, Jade Stadium etc.

bryce

International Regular
if ND get a home final i wonder what ground they will use.....from all accounts both the gisbourne and taupo tracks played quite well

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Eathorne looks really good, hopefully he continues from where he finished today.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
He will, he is not a player who gives up.

He has the ability to rotate the strike beautifully, and just keep on scoring at a high rate. I hope he gets played in the 4day comp. Sad that Crag Smith didn't go to well though.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Toddys a good player,he is sort of a poor mans Oram at the moment.But given time he will improve. The player that looks the most like Harris when batting has to be Bard Scott, he leads with his front pad in the exact same way, except he has a higher strike rate.

A strange piece of trivia i discovered today was that in Sean Eathornes first 11 debut, he got bowled out by noneother than...Brendon mcCullum.

bryce

International Regular
must give you some credit southern man - you've been pushing for eathorne to be included in the otago team for a long time and he delivered in his first turn at bat

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a good sign that he was able to step up against Canterbury which has alot of internationals & near internationals in its team.
The other good sign was that he came in with Otago in a slightly worrying position, but was able to carry them through with Todd.

Ming

State 12th Man
I was very impressed with Brad Scott in that game, he seemed to gain a yard of pace from last year, and bowled with great discipline.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Every scorecard I see, Scott seems to always return good figures & also have a pretty good RPO.

Considering he plays half his domestic cricket on the flatter tracks in the South Island, his stats come up quite favourably. And if he's added some pace, thats even better.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
What do people think the make up of the IOO teams will be.

From Otago i think that
Gareth Hopkins (nth)
Jeff Wilson (sth)
Nathan McCullum (sth)
Brad Scott (sth)
and one of Gaffney or Cumming for the South, although they would have to slot in at three.

Ming

State 12th Man
Daniel Vettori scores another One-Day century opening for ND...109 from 124 balls if I remember correctly.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
yeah good effort from vettori, madien one day hundred. . . it sounds like he is bowling well too. .. with no effect from his back strain, so is looking good for the aussie tour

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well you'd think that Hopkins would beat out Reece Young (who I don't rate) & Bevan Griggs..and I really hope we don't go back to selecting Chris Nevin.

Jeff Wilson & Bradley Scott are probably shoe-in's at this stage. And I guess McCullum will be battling it out with Wiseman for the spinners slot. I reckon the selectors should take a closer look at Nathan McCullum anyway.

Presuming all international's are available for the match, for the Sth team i'd go with:

Astle, Fleming, B.McCullum, Fulton, Papps, C.Martin, Scott, Wilson, McMillan, N.McCullum, Cumming & (then 1 of Shaw, McSkimming or Schwass)

Nth:

How, Styris, H.Marshall, Taylor, Canning, Mills, Tuffey, Hopkins, Sinclair, Ryder (wildcard as an opener, due to lack of opening depth in the OD's), Vettori & Cairns.

Last edited:

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Wiseman is an Auckland lad, so he isnt eligible for South. The only south spinner is McCullum.

Surely how and Nevin(playing as a specilist bastman) would be the Norths openers.

Peter Mcglashen might be a smokey for the North.

ND_fan

Cricket Spectator
Went to the ND v Auck game today, great to see Vettori batting well, he seems to be fully recovered and he bowled better than his figures might suggest.
Also, I was impressed with Graeme Aldridge. Obviously he's been bowling very well all season as he is the leading wicket taker in the State Shield with 24 wickets @ 13.91 but he's also quite a bit quicker than I thought. I doubt he'll be considered for the NZ side but I think he is more of a prospect than many people think (although I don't like his hair. Yellow/blonde when you're naturally dark brown ISN'T a good look).
I was a bit disappointed not to see Dan Flynn get a bit of a bat but he fielded in front of us and he only looks about 15! He's quite short and has a real baby face. Quite sweet actually... :p

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Weird to hear that the semi will be played at Eden Park, don't understand why. Not complaining though, means I can go!