• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great century by McMillan, on to 101 now. Brought up the ton with a huge 6 out of the ground. Nice.

Fiery

Banned
_Ed_ said:
McMillan charging Vettori there before playing an awkward cut shot...have seen him get out like that heaps of times for NZ.
Yeah, a typical pre-meditated shot but at least he adjusted well. Huge 6 out of the ground and over the road to bring up Maccas ton.

_Ed_

Vettori has started well with the bat, he's in the 30s already and the team score is only 49/2.

Fiery

Banned
Vettori played a superb innings today and James Marshall didn't do his future selection prospects any harm with a perfect support innings.

bryce

International Regular
i always said james marshall was a middle order batsman as opposed to an opener - he plays very much like his brother.
shot ND off to the final

_Ed_

I have noticed that Hamish Marshall's ODI shirt has his initial as well as his last name so I always thought that must mean that James has been in calculations. He could be very useful to the ODI team, hope they give him a go some time, although perhaps Australia might not be the best time to give him his debut.

bryce

International Regular
oh well so much for people who thought james mcmillan or nathan mccullum had a chance at making the black caps :p

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
They seem to be leaving it a bit late for releasing these Origin teams - giving Bond one last chance perhaps? Keeping it really low-key?

No, that's just me being fanciful. :) I'll turn "south island" + "fleming" into a google news alert - I'd say he's a slightly safer inclusion.

Cam7

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well, I travelled to New Plymouth today for the State Shield final and the State of Origin match, but I'm sorry to say that they're possibly both going to be completely washed out. It is absolutely hosing down here - it started raining at about 3pm, and it's just gotten worse and worse every minute. Unfortunately, the weather forecast for the next couple of days is pretty ****e, so... hhhmmm. There is a reserve day for the final, and I understand it can be played over the two days if need be, but, yeah... it aint lookin' good!

Last edited:

_Ed_

That is a shame...why is the game at New Plymouth and not Napier? Would have thought Napier would be safer weatherwise as well as being able to fit more people in the ground.

Cam7

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
_Ed_ said:
why is the game at New Plymouth and not Napier? Would have thought Napier would be safer weatherwise as well as being able to fit more people in the ground.
Unfortunately, there were major accommodation problems in Hawke's Bay this weekend due to the Rod Stewart concert at the Mission Estate. So, basically, the was nowhere for the teams (and the media) to stay.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
FFS Alun Evans, that has to be one of the dumbest shots i have ever seen. If your a going to play a stupid shot like a reverse sweep, HIT IT HARD and into the ground. Has to be up with Engilfields shot against Auckland for stupidest shot of the season.