• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Some positive signs from a few of those N.D debutants.

Good to see Jesse Ryder score a half-century today against Auckland too.

Ming

State 12th Man
Michael Parlane also closing in on his maiden 200...

Brad Scott is also doing well, has a bright future. Showed that he ain't a one season wonder, by backing up from last season's brilliant debut.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, but he's not an overally quick bowler...still, I guess he can't be ignored if he consistently takes wickets. Especially considering he plays most of his matches on the harder South Island pitches.

Ming

State 12th Man
Scott is pretty much medium, and around Canning pace, perfectly suited to NZ wickets, but would struggle overseas.

There are currently a few bowlers performing on the domestic circuit that have great career bowling averages but IMO would never cut it at Test level because of their lack of pace. Tama Canning is one, while Scott and McSkimming could also be put into that category. Stephen Cunis, Orchard, Hefford, Mason and Aldridge are also some of the others.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, thats the problem. Alot of people read the statistics and think we've got a huge pool of bowlers because alot of them average around 21 or 22. The reality is though..that only 1 or 2 of them are prospects for international level.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Brad Scott has worked alot on his pace this season, he is a few clicks quicker than last season. He can bowl a good bouncer.

He is essentially very similar to James Franklin.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
I wouldin't say a long way, he batting has improved more than his bowling. He bats ahead of McSkimming now. His defencesive game needs to improve, but at the moment he is a very useful end of innings slogger.

Ming

State 12th Man
Yeah, he's mainly a slogger in the Adams mode. Franklin's batting is still a lot better than Scott at this stage. McSkimming is an overrated allrounder, not many 50s to his name.

bryce

International Regular
ND_fan said:
Anyone know anything about Brad Wilson?? Scored 96 today against Otago before getting bolwled and I can't find any info. on him anywhere.
top order bat from northland, went to the under 19 world cup last year and was reasonably successful, he also played for the NZ academy this year

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Fulton followed up his 154 with 86 today. Good to see he's starting to put some runs on the board again.

crickey

Cricket Spectator
Jesse Ryder is one of the best batters to come outta the academy...he bats ahead of his age and has great technique...i'd be suprised if he doesnt make it all the way

crickey

Cricket Spectator
Ming said:
Yeah, he's mainly a slogger in the Adams mode. Franklin's batting is still a lot better than Scott at this stage. McSkimming is an overrated allrounder, not many 50s to his name.
I agree...whilst he may be a good alrounder hes certainly not exceeding at either at the mo. dont get me wrong i do like him as a player but have you watched him in a 4dayer...YAWN!! he loves the defensive shot...over and over and over
:yawn:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Ryder only has himself to blame. He was on track to be playing international cricket last year until he went & tried to ruin it all with alcohol.

This season, he hasn't quite played the type of innings that he has been known for over the last 2 or 3 years. He's at least registering a few decent scores, but he definately went backwards & will have to work hard now to get back near the top.