• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

shaka

International Regular
Sinclair seems to be going well (currently on 75*) against Auckland. Well done to Vincent, he is reminding the public that he can still hold a bat. Sinclair is reiterating his inclusion in the squad. Current score is 140/5 Brooke Walker has just started his spell.

bryce

International Regular
Kippax said:
Surely they won't consider Vincent as a test opener again, will they? When I saw Wellington using Woodcock as a makeshift opener rather than Fleming opting for some practice in the role, I was tempted to rule out the skipper leading from the front in Rigor's absence. Interesting that Sinclair is no longer opening for CD though, so figure that one out.
woodcock has actually done a bit of opening and mostly in the four day game aswell, what was your other forum name ?
sinclair is 95* now and jordan sheed is 83* - rain must be being a nuisance there and i hope it stops so he can complete a maiden century

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
As I was heading back to work about 2pm, Steve Davie said rain had just started falling in Dunedin.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Great result for Otago.

Gregg Todd is really improving down here, he can now dominate attacks. Wilson bowled bloody well to.

Oh and McMillan is a cheat, Wilson had him caught and bowled.

Last edited:

rogerramjet

Cricket Spectator
From memory McMillan is a subscriber of the "get some wrong calls against, me get some fortuitous ones" theory.

Was he not the guy having a barney with Gilchrist over not walking?

This guys career is on the line so I can understand where he is coming from; whilst not advocating his position.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
southern man said:
Great result for Otago.

Gregg Todd is really improving down here, he can now dominate attacks. Wilson bowled bloody well to.

SM,

Did they get back on and take those last couple of wickets?

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
yeah to call some one a cheat for not walking is being as bad as gilchrist
but i can understand if he was clearly out and didnt walk tht it would be seen as cheating,but like the previous post said his career is on the line

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Yea they got the last couple of wickets, although Martin was very hard to dislodge.

McMillan was clearly out though, everybody at the ground knew he was gone, But the umpires didn't have the balls to give him.

He had a very serious chat with Cumming when walking back after tea, neithe rlooked very happy about the subject.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
woodcock has actually done a bit of opening and mostly in the four day game aswell
Are you sure he wasn't a makeshift opener then as well? I know he's one of those players who's been all over the place, but I can't remember him being picked as an opener ahead of Bell or Jones.

What I was basically getting at was if Fleming really thought he's odds-on to open in the 5 tests this autumn, I'm surprised he didn't start getting back into that groove for Wellington.

Seeing Sinclair is now back at #3 for CD (despite a 98 at Napier), I presume the BC selectors have given Graeme Barlow the message that they no longer see him as a potential opener.

what was your other forum name ?
If I said that, it would defeat the purpose of making up a new one!

Hopefully if my old CW name isn't mentioned for a while, I can be as honest as I like without much risk of it being traced. The last thing I want to be confronted with in the clubrooms is "so why did you say on the CricketWeb forums my batting is sh**house?". :)

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
Kippax said:
Are you sure he wasn't a makeshift opener then as well? I know he's one of those players whose been all over the place, but I can't remember him being picked as an opener ahead of Bell or Jones.

What I was basically getting at was if Fleming really thought he's odds-on to open in the 5 tests this autumn, I'm surprised he didn't start getting back into that groove for Wellington.
not sure about his opening credentials before he played first-class cricket, but i'd rather have seen fleming opening aswell besides woodcock hasn't been very successful opening IIRC

Kippax said:
Seeing Sinclair is now back at #3 for CD (despite a 98 at Napier), I presume the BC selectors have given Graeme Barlow the message that they no longer see him as a potential opener.
i hope that's true

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Very stoaked with the line up ND are taking in this game. I think we could be in for another win.

Davis opening partner in the U19 world cup Craig Smith is in the Otago 12 to.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
southern man said:
Very stoaked with the line up ND are taking in this game. I think we could be in for another win.

Davis opening partner in the U19 world cup Craig Smith is in the Otago 12 to.
SM,

Did you see our beloved Andrew Hore got 180-odd for the Otago second XI against the NZ u-19 team?

:laugh:

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Yea, sad isn't it?

Stupid slogging bully beating up on players half his age. But the worest thing about it is that his name will now be at the top of Turners list come the one day game. Why can't he just retire!

I can't believe they have bought back Simon Beare, sure he is a good club player but really does struggle at domestic level.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
southern man said:
Yea, sad isn't it?

Stupid slogging bully beating up on players half his age. But the worest thing about it is that his name will now be at the top of Turners list come the one day game. Why can't he just retire!

I can't believe they have bought back Simon Beare, sure he is a good club player but really does struggle at domestic level.
I played against Simon Beare a few years ago - as you say, he's a useful club slogger, but that's pretty much it. At least Marcel McKenzie got an 80 to keep his name in contention.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
McKenzie seems to be right out of the frame though, he is a contracted player but hasn't featured at all. Not even as a 12th man. I would rather him than Beare.

I still think we lack a geniune batsman, Hopefully our youngsters can come thourgh and play to their potential. Otherwise we mgiht have to go outside the province again.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
From the scores Todd Astle has been making...he looks to be a really good opener for the future.