• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of UAE and England 2023

ataraxia

International Coach
What seems weird to me is that some of those rested players are playing in this series. Surely T20Is vs England make more sense to take a rest from than ODIs in Bangladesh right before an ODI World Cup in India.
that's what I said

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The depth England has is scary. ECB should request that an "A Team" should get one day status so they can play games as well. Young stars are coming through as well. Most of who we leave out will walk into a lot of other nations teams. Too much riches...The new order is here and there is no way we will lose our grip on the World Cup. India in their own backyard??? not a problem for the England boys and you will all have to witness this greatness once again
IMG_5134.jpeg

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
What seems weird to me is that some of those rested players are playing in this series. Surely T20Is vs England make more sense to take a rest from than ODIs in Bangladesh right before an ODI World Cup in India.
Another good point.

But hey, England in late summer is more fun than Bangladesh, right?

Ugh. I read a quote today from Stead praising Lockie's captaincy amongst 'a lot of moving parts'. I wanted to instantaneously book a first class ticket to England, to make sure I had enough energy at the other end, to personally punch him in the face.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Seeing Conway run himself out needlessly from a standard throw from the boundary just hits different at 1.48am when you haven't slept all weekend.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Finally some runs on the board! And finally a decent contribution from Allen, it's been a while coming.
It's also good to see Phillips in such good form, he's been the only one chipping in consistently of late.

Owzat

U19 Captain
I must be missing something, dead rubber it may be but why bowl bit-part Livingstone and see 55 off his four overs and not Ali or indeed Jacks? And whilst Buttler may love his Jacks experiment would think him opening would have been the move to make the chase

at the moment they have more chance of winning (on) the Chase than executing a successful chase

BeeGee

International Captain
I must be missing something, dead rubber it may be but why bowl bit-part Livingstone and see 55 off his four overs and not Ali or indeed Jacks? And whilst Buttler may love his Jacks experiment would think him opening would have been the move to make the chase

at the moment they have more chance of winning (on) the Chase than executing a successful chase
It's a 4 match series, so not a dead rubber.

Owzat

U19 Captain
wonder boy fails, who'da'thunk'it

rather long lower order come tail for a T20I, Rashid, Jordan, Wood, Atkinson, the women commentators on Friday were banging on about how much batting there was (then) and when they need it they opt against!

would be nice to see Ali hit a 30 ball 70+ but I expect him to make 20-30 and out. funnily enough someone was bleating on beeb HYS about a comment, someone suggesting building a foundation, and I chipped in with a comment about it is better to go dot dot six six six than six and out which is what Ali prompty did!

Owzat

U19 Captain
It's a 4 match series, so not a dead rubber.
I thought I'd read that England could relax after going 2 nil up, if not on here then beeb or somewhere. unusual length given it isn't a T20I World Cup year. who plays a bilateral 4 match LOI series? (yes, "clever" answer is England and New Zealand, but is a rhetorical question to emphasise the pointlessness of it, two max or none would make more sense)

also makes the lackadaisical nonsense from England and Buttler even more baffling, unless he doesn't care and is saving England and himself for the one dayers - I see also 4 (!?!?!?!?) and then two against the repubteam of Ireland. baffling.

EDIT : maybe he thinks he can keep his trumps hidden from the kiwis ahead of the opening WC match, as if that will make a difference

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I thought I'd read that England could relax after going 2 nil up, if not on here then beeb or somewhere. unusual length given it isn't a T20I World Cup year. who plays a bilateral 4 match LOI series? (yes, "clever" answer is England and New Zealand, but is a rhetorical question to emphasise the pointlessness of it, two max or none would make more sense)
Australia and South Africa have just completed a 3 match T20I series and now move onto a 5 match ODI series.

England and New Zealand play a 4 match ODI after this T20I series completes.