• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of UAE and England 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ really have alot to ask themselves some questions after this series, even if they win the 3rd game. This batting lineup is pretty much full strength minus bracewell, probably as strong as the lineup they had in the last t20 WC on paper given that there playing an extra batsmen here. You can't fail this abjectly with the bat twice in a row while at full strength and not have a few questions to ask yourself.

England have been superb. The flexibility they have is crazy. Batting is crazy deep with Curran at 8 and carse at 9. They've got Malan to anchor and buttler to do it if he fails, tons of guys who can bosh it a mile, a bowling option for pretty much every match up. Just a fantastically oiled machine.

ataraxia

International Coach
The mickey-mouse selections and performances look set to continue....

'Dean Foxcroft is in line for an ODI debut against Bangladesh as the Black Caps will rest a string of first-choice players ahead of the World Cup.

The Otago batter, who made his T20 international debut for New Zealand versus the UAE last month, is part of a squad missing Tom Latham, Devon Conway, Matt Henry, Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner and Tim Southee.

Lockie Ferguson is set to captain the national side for the first time in the three-game ODI series in Dhaka before the Black Caps head to the World Cup in India.

Regular ODI captain Kane Williamson hasn’t been named in the squad as he strives to be fit for selection for the tournament, starting on October 5 when NZ meet defending champions England in Ahmedabad.'
Surely we should be sending a top-string side just before the WC?

Ferguson subscribing to the Southee–Williamson school of "they can't drop me if I captain", I see.

ataraxia

International Coach
NZ really have alot to ask themselves some questions after this series, even if they win the 3rd game. This batting lineup is pretty much full strength minus bracewell, probably as strong as the lineup they had in the last t20 WC on paper given that there playing an extra batsmen here. You can't fail this abjectly with the bat twice in a row while at full strength and not have a few questions to ask yourself.
what about the 4th game?

thundaboult

International Debutant

Ferguson subscribing to the Southee–Williamson school of "they can't drop me if I captain", I see.
HAHAHA yeah i'm noticing a lot of this with our squads...become captain, become undroppable, To hell with performance. I'm sure Nicholls is next in line for captaincy as he is already pretty undroppable + likes to not perform.

thundaboult

International Debutant

Hmm, of course nicholls is there. How does chad bowes keep getting chances?? And ugh great, tickner is back, eye roll....just take kuggs over him if anything. Clarkson a better shout over both nicholls and bowes. Great to see foxcroft in their. Not sure about ravindra and cleaver but ok?

ataraxia

International Coach
There's a 4th game?
Of course there's a 4th game! Whatever would we do without it?
Feeling more and more peeved about this one. It's a long time away from home – they can cope. There's hardly any need for resting otherwise: they've hardly played, apart from county cricket and very important North American T20 leagues, since May. Even then, surely if you want to rest some players it should be for the unimportant England T20Is? It's the ****ing World Cup and they don't care, ffs.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Of course there's a 4th game! Whatever would we do without it?

Feeling more and more peeved about this one. It's a long time away from home – they can cope. There's hardly any need for resting otherwise: they've hardly played, apart from county cricket and very important North American T20 leagues, since May. Even then, surely if you want to rest some players it should be for the unimportant England T20Is? It's the ****ing World Cup and they don't care, ffs.
We play 4 ODIs v England. I imagine that's a first team squad.

Though, the reserves can surely do no worse than this lot at the moment.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
We play 4 ODIs v England. I imagine that's a first team squad.

Though, the reserves can surely do no worse than this lot at the moment.
It’s quite possible that they’ve been off the pace in these 2 games and feeling their way back in to the top level. But I get a feeling of staleness these days I watch the first choice side in white ball cricket.

The Pakistan series in May was better viewing for that reason, the fringe players all seemed more determined. Whatever happens in the World Cup, hoping for some new ideas after that.

FBU

International Debutant

England have been superb. The flexibility they have is crazy. Batting is crazy deep with Curran at 8 and carse at 9. They've got Malan to anchor and buttler to do it if he fails, tons of guys who can bosh it a mile, a bowling option for pretty much every match up. Just a fantastically oiled machine.
4 spin options and 3 fast bowlers so not everyone gets 4 overs.. Livingstone and Jacks bowled 1 over each and took a wicket.

thierry henry

International Coach
But I get a feeling of staleness these days I watch the first choice side in white ball cricket.
General problem with all white ball cricket in 2023 innit? If it’s ‘good’ it’s just despicable boshing. If it’s ‘bad’ it’s losing. It’s all garbage though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Surprised about the huge reaction to a few JAMT20Is tbh.

Yeah it's closeish to full strength and it might be a little bit of a tell of deeper problems that already existed, but seriously guys, these games were meant for entertainment, not for any deep analysis. It only matters how NZ play if you're watching the game; I don't think there's anything to take out of it. Whatever your opinion of the state of the team and the squad etc before this series should still be your opinion, good or bad.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Yeah it's closeish to full strength and it might be a little bit of a tell of deeper problems that already existed, but seriously guys, these games were meant for entertainment, not for any deep analysis. It only matters how NZ play if you're watching the game; I don't think there's anything to take out of it. Whatever your opinion of the state of the team and the squad etc before this series should still be your opinion, good or bad.
That's true and it's still T20 so it's no surprise at all if the remaining results are completely different but I think the margin of the wins has thrown people a bit, which is understandable.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain

Totally, these are some of the most pointless international games played in history, I reckon. I can barely even be bothered looking up the results. World Cup coming up and we're playing T20s.