• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Indian supporters- would you like to see this team?
  • Sehwag
  • Gambhir.....uh....Ganguly
  • Kaif
  • Raina
  • Dhoni (WK)
  • Dravid
  • JP Yadav (RM-new)
  • Harbhajan (OB)
  • Karthik (SLA)
  • RP Singh (LMF-new)
  • Nehra (LFM-change)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AndrewM said:
And there in lies the fallibility of your argument.

Any names you would like to replace him with? I for one would love to see these crop of mid-20 year old fast bowlers that you talk about.

By all means, enlighten us New Zealand fans.

82 wickets in 25 matches is hardly "fairly awful overall".

You are on a hiding to nothing.
Who said anything about them being fast bowlers - that really would be optimistic.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Arjun said:
Indian supporters- would you like to see this team?
  • Sehwag
  • Gambhir.....uh....Ganguly
  • Kaif
  • Raina
  • Dhoni (WK)
  • Dravid
  • JP Yadav (RM-new)
  • Harbhajan (OB)
  • Karthik (SLA)
  • RP Singh (LMF-new)
  • Nehra (LFM-change)
i'm not an Indian fan but that side looks a bit iffy to be honest.....

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well it won't be taking many wickets with a significant lack of proper bowlers, and it doesn't appear to have much batting either. Dravid at six is crazy.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
aussie said:
i'm not an Indian fan but that side looks a bit iffy to be honest.....
At least it's an "if". For a 'full-strength' Indian side, the answer is a straight NO!

What's wrong with that selection? With the kind of options provided by the selectors, that seems the best combination. A pity they often turn to Murali Karthik as the next best spinner- TN's opening batsman can bowl a lot better. When Ajit Agarkar's your 'best' bowler, there's absolutely no harm in trying out RP Singh and JP Yadav.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think its absolutely pathetic that NZ don't play another test until March. Its bad enough that we still only play 2 or 3 match test series, when you consider the woeful West Indies still often get 4 or 5 test series against the likes of England and Aust. I know money is big factor but the ICC should have the amount of tests played in line with the current standing of the teams.

shaka

International Regular
It is ridiculous (time between test series) indeed! Hopefully a good tri series will help slightly.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Zimbabwe Name 16-Man Squad
Robert Cribb
22nd August, 2005

Zimbabwe have named a 16-man squad for the upcoming Tri-Series, which includes New Zealand and India. Several players, including Stuart Carlisle, Craig Wishart, Charles Coventry, Waddington Mwangenga, Vusi Sibanda and Blessing Mahwire, have been recalled to the ODI squad after absences for a wide range of reasons. Notable omissions include Stuart Matsikenyeri, Dion Ebrahim, Mark Vermeulen, Barney Rogers, Chris Mpofu and Douglas Hondo. While Hondo is injured, the others seem to have been dropped, which is particularly harsh on Barney Rogers who has performed admirably in ODIs recently, and has been one of their better batsmen. The selection of Sibanda, who has played 24 ODIs for an average of 11.78, over Rogers, who averages 31.86 (and 37.50 this year), suggests that the woes of Zimbabwean selection are far from over. One can only hope that Rogers was left out due to injury.

Kevin Curran will be in charge of Zimbabwe for the first time, and has aspirations of a quick transformation from the players. "I want all the team to rapidly improve by 5%, because that will impact on the team as a whole. I am a team man but also a really competitive person, and always have been. I want that to rub off and I'm sure it will," he said. Zimbabwe start their campaign on Wednesday, when they play New Zealand.

Full Squad:
Tatenda Taibu (c), Heath Streak (vc), Brendan Taylor, Charles Coventry, Vusi Sibanda, Stuart Carlisle, Craig Wishart, Hamilton Masakaza, Andy Blignaut, Gavin Ewing, Chamunorwa Chibhabha, Keith Dabengwa, Blessing Mahwire, Prosper Utseya, Edward Rainsford, Waddington Mwayenga.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
hmm ZIM, NZ and IND playing a tri series...lets see IND vd NZ playing a final and ahh hmm IND managing to loose yet another final !!! makes me wonder if IND only make it to these finals coz they are just the 2nd worse team.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
maxpower said:
hmm ZIM, NZ and IND playing a tri series...lets see IND vd NZ playing a final and ahh hmm IND managing to loose yet another final !!! makes me wonder if IND only make it to these finals coz they are just the 2nd worse team.
If Zimbabwe pick the correct XI out of that group of players, India will be lucky to make the final.

However, I doubt that the correct XI will be picked, so they should be safe.

Chubb

International Regular
Prince EWS said:
If Zimbabwe pick the correct XI out of that group of players, India will be lucky to make the final.

However, I doubt that the correct XI will be picked, so they should be safe.

I'm quite surprised they didn't pick Barney Rogers, that article's right it is totally unfair on him if he hasn't been injured. Could be another retirement looming if he isn't injured, because I would be absolutely disgusted in his position

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Chubb said:
I'm quite surprised they didn't pick Barney Rogers, that article's right it is totally unfair on him if he hasn't been injured. Could be another retirement looming if he isn't injured, because I would be absolutely disgusted in his position
What happened to players like Douglas Marrilier, Craig Evans

Chubb

International Regular
Evans is gone, retired. Marillier is in Zimbabwe but he doesn't seem to want to play internationals or they're not selecting him.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Chubb said:
Evans is gone, retired. Marillier is in Zimbabwe but he doesn't seem to want to play internationals or they're not selecting him.
And also Gavin Rennie,John Rennie,Dirk Viljoen,Travis Friend. - What happened to these players. All are very good one-day players. I dont read any news about them.