• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tim said:
Yes, thats right Scaly..we'll just pull another fast bowler from our large production line.

Tuffey has been injured & out of form so I can't see what NZ would gain from him when he's better off going to Sri Lanka and playing a few 'A' games to get his fitness and form back.

Martin is the exception for NZ when it comes to tail end batting..just about every other NZ bowler can bat. Martin is just one of those who'll never get it.

Its all very well to come on here and start trashing our bowlers, but when you've got jot all to select from there's not much you can do.
It doesn't matter that there's no obviously decent young fast bowler to select, anyone of them would be better than a lazy, proven flop who's getting on for 31 especially against a team like Zimbabwe.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
It doesn't matter that there's no obviously decent young fast bowler to select, anyone of them would be better than a lazy, proven flop who's getting on for 31 especially against a team like Zimbabwe.
Why don't you actually come up with some names rather than make a throwaway comment?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim said:
I think it was good that he just went for accuracy in this series. He seriously believes he can bowl 150 k's but wisely decided to find some form instead of going out and trying to blast the Zimbabwe batsmen out with pace.

I think if he plays in the South Africa ODI's, we'll see him up the pace.
*waits patiently for first Chappell-Hadlee game at Eden Park*

I'll be buying tickets for that game soon.

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
Blaze said:
I thought we always lose when you turn up?
Thats right Rich, your stats ain't encouraging..(nods at Blaze in a matter-of-fact manner)

I will notify the Eden Park ground attendants.

Not sure about the snipers though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seen 12, won 1, lost 11.

The only game I've seen that Bond played in was a 1 wicket loss to India, and he only bowled half his overs because of an ear infection. He batted awesomely that day.

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
_Ed_ said:
:laugh:
True. But Bond will surely make a difference this time.
If Bond plays i will go just to watch him. Especially with the Australians as well. I truely hope we get a full house for it, it deserves that sort of crowd. Its a bit far off though :D

I've seen him once live, in the VB Series, Melbourne 2001. It was his debut, and we hardly knew about him.

James

Cricket Web Owner
AndrewM said:
Craig McMillan, Chris Cairns, Andre Adams and Jeetan Patel have joined the touring party for the triangular one-day series, starting on Wednesday (NZ time).

Cairns has rubbished ZImbabwe's recent performance, calling it "rubbish", before he hardly stepped off the plane.

It will be interesting to see who the best XI will be chosen.

Apparently Oram's progress will be limited, John Bracewell told Radio Sport today.

With Adams in the mix, it may come down who partners Bond. Another interesting feature will be the inclusion of Jeetan Patel in place of Daniel Vettori. I think they may give Patel a go in the first one against Zimbabwe.
Can you do a general update on this please Andrew?

Edit - or you Ed for that matter.

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
James said:
Can you do a general update on this please Andrew?

Edit - or you Ed for that matter.
For sure mate. Was tempted to put it up.

Now posted :)

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
_Ed_ said:
Seen 12, won 1, lost 11.

The only game I've seen that Bond played in was a 1 wicket loss to India, and he only bowled half his overs because of an ear infection. He batted awesomely that day.
Ah yes, that was an incredible match at Eden Park, great last wicket stand from New Zealand and then that collapse from India - great game.

Can't say that record is terribly impressive at the moment though Ed!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
I just saw the Chris Mpofu incident on television and I don't know how you could blame NZ for that piece of stupidity.
NZ aren't there to give charity runs or let Zimbabwe off the hook. Mpofu totally lost the plot and in the end NZ did only what they should have done and ran him out.
Definitely agree although it must rate as one of the most bizarre incidents in cricket history - I don't remember seeing anything quite that odd before.