• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reminds me of the first innings - turn the TV over to Henman, 200-1 becomes 215-4 by the time it gets switched back..

This time, I turn the radio off (well, it crashes - BBCi streaming) and bang...

Game On!

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
MoxPearl said:
lol at the slips.. they have like 8 players there lol
Just like the WI all over again..

Surprised to see no night-watchman going from the use of Tuffey at Lord's.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
the cricket gods have not been with us this test lol.

Tuff in as night watchman.. lol

Can someone tell me what the next pitch will be like ? it better not be like this.. cause this pitch is more than terrible..

PY

International Coach
MoxPearl said:
cause this pitch is more than terrible..
935 runs for 20 wickets does not mean crap to me.

It's sounds like a proper Test wicket rather than the M62 which most countries seem to prefer to produce.

Loony BoB

International Captain
MoxPearl said:
lol as richardson gets hit u hear him yell "FU*K ME!* lol :D
Not the first time I've heard him say that. :) I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up known for it.

Game Over New Zealand. Sad day. Sad, sad day. Bloody awful times for NZ cricket. From top of our game to bottom in such a short space of time... and I quite simply don't know what to blame, because our batsmen are performing well, our bowlers SHOULD be performing well but they aren't and nobody knows why, injuries all round... bugger. What could go wrong now? The bowlers we bring in for cover injure themselves on the plane? Wouldn't be surprised...

Richardson, (Papps), Fleming, Sinclair, Astle, (McMillan), Styris, McCullum, Mills, Adams, C. Martin, Butler.

That would be my team for the next test - assuming either Papps or McMillan is available for selection. Mills or C. Martin can be exchanged for Vettori or Bruce Martin if required and fit (and not "Tuffey-fit" or "Bond-fit" - I mean FIT).

Sigh. How long is it since we fielded a full strength team? This is almost depressing. You can see it's affectint the entire squad, too, because they all seem out of knock now - must be contagious.

Now for a listing of injuries/illnesses/etc on tour:

Bond - Not fit to play.
Mills - Hand injury.
McMillan - Finger injury.
Papps - Finger injury.
Fleming - Groin and abdomen strains. Ear infection. Bruised on the arm now. :p
Richardson - Hand/Finger injury.
Tuffey - Not fit to play (but hey, they played him anyway!)
Oram - Side strain.
Vettori - Hamstring injury.
Astle - Passed late fitness test and caught the flu - not sure if he's been troubled by either, though.

So that leaves Styris, McCullum and Cairns. Wait, hasn't McCullum had some kind of hand/finger injury, too? Can't remember.

Now, after reading all that...

Chris Cairns: It's great to be touring with the first full strength side we've had in years.

Yeah, right Chris! What the hell are we going to do without you? :(

And Neil: I'd love to go to Trent Bridge, but - who would have guessed it - I'm coming down with a pretty bad cold! Go figure! As for injuries, I've not been able to play cricket since I got run over five years ago. Let's just say I have a shoulder muscle in my leg now, and one and a half less bones than your average man.

twctopcat

International Regular
MoxPearl said:
the cricket gods have not been with us this test lol.

Tuff in as night watchman.. lol

Can someone tell me what the next pitch will be like ? it better not be like this.. cause this pitch is more than terrible..
English bowlers bowling in right spots, nz ones didn't. Pitch hasn't just suddenly changed.

EDIT: 5 down,wow