• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

Loony BoB

International Captain
PY said:
935 runs for 20 wickets does not mean crap to me.

It's sounds like a proper Test wicket rather than the M62 which most countries seem to prefer to produce.
Pshaw, he said it was a bad pitch, he didn't say it wouldn't produce a result. And you can't deny it's a poor pitch, the bowlers in the first two innings had all sorts of troubles. I haven't been watching the NZ innings, I just hear the huge English crowd screaming like mad and assume yet another wicket has fallen. Thank God I just found out one of them was Tuffey, but still...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Loony BoB said:
Pshaw, he said it was a bad pitch, he didn't say it wouldn't produce a result. And you can't deny it's a poor pitch, the bowlers in the first two innings had all sorts of troubles. I haven't been watching the NZ innings, I just hear the huge English crowd screaming like mad and assume yet another wicket has fallen. Thank God I just found out one of them was Tuffey, but still...
I just heard more screaming, then found out it was a replay. God, that scared me even more. xD Ah, you can only laugh, now, really. Can an English player tell me if the pitch is actually taking these wickets or is it just my fellow NZ'er members? :p

I guess I'll go watch the end of the day's play... sigh...

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Its 6:30 so i better go to bed lol..

I think this test match has been a BAD one.. i think its sad when a game is decided by a pitch.. even if nz had won i would have said the same thing.. when u get unplayable balls from the pitch then in my opinion it means its simply a bad pitch..

In saying all this.. england were the better team in the end and deserve to win (we played like ****)

Our bowlers... were LESS than ordinary..infact they were horrible and hopefully they will pay for it

England bowlers were nothing special.. but in the 2nd innings they simply put the ball in the right place and the pitch did the rest..

HOPEFULLY the next game will b decided by the players.. not the pitch.. but i think nz/aus seem to have a diff psyc on the subject then the english (well definatly the english commentators)

NZ are just fukd now with the injurys.. seriously the next game (team) will be inbetween a NZ and a NZ A side... and half the team will be walking injured..

Bring on the ODIs lol :)

twctopcat

International Regular
MoxPearl said:
I think this test match has been a BAD one.. i think its sad when a game is decided by a pitch.. even if nz had won i would have said the same thing.. when u get unplayable balls from the pitch then in my opinion it means its simply a bad pitch..
Swings and roundabouts. :p

Rich2001

International Captain
MoxPearl said:
mccullum.. good catch.. not as good as the commentators are making it.. but a good catch
I think your being a bit unfair on Trescothick there, it was a fantastic catch! -Diving full lenght (and going backwards) ball is behind him and he takes it one handed, a few inches off the turf.

What a spell of bowling though from 75/1 to 100/5 - Gone from a hard days slog for England to force a win to get a wicket early and the tail will be exposed, along with the fact two of the batsman might not actually be able to bat...

MoxPearl - 75 runs behind and only 1 wicket down.. not to shabby
Bet you reget saying that now :p :D

As for people saying it was the pitch that got the wickets, well at the end of the day that's the idea, the English bowlers bowled to the conditions... had New Zealand done the same then maybe they wouldn't have started - 113 runs behind!

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Rich2001 said:
I think your being a bit unfair on Trescothick there, it was a fantastic catch! -Diving full lenght (and going backwards) ball is behind him and he takes it one handed, a few inches off the turf.
Was a fantastic catch, also with his Right hand for a left handed bat.

Rich2001

International Captain
yeah but our bowlers couldnt hit the wickets if there was no batter there lol
LOL - Fair Point there! - There is certianly something in the pitch and it will mis-behave if the ball is put on the right lenght, but bowl too short or too full and it's easy runs as such.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think it's a horrible pitch - but in no way should that detract from the performance of the England bowlers (the NZ ones had an equal opportunity). You could be playing on a car park (they are) but you still have to put the odd ball in the right place.

I genuinely felt sorry for the New Zealand batsmen when Harmison was dishing out the throat balls - but I was still loving it all the same.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to England doing well. That said, I expected more from New Zealand. That said, the injuries haven't helped. That said, they should have taken more than 14 and shouldn't have taken an unfit Bond. That's all I have to say.