• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
From all reports England didn't particularly bowl well (or catch Papps well)
Harmison: Very economical, always looking like getting a wicket, did bowl well. He changed his length a bit, and bowled fuller.

Saggers: Didn't see what all the fuss was about. Bowled the odd good ball, but plenty were offline too. Hence he got hit a bot towards the end.

Hoggard: England's best bowler. VERY unlucky, he actually pitched it up a bit.

Flintoff: Bowled well, as usual. Very economical.

Giles: Bowled the biggest pile of **** I've ever seen. Don't know what went wrong.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
The one which kept low? My first thought was that he'd got a nick on it, but the slomo indicated not.
But then you're as senile as Bucknor, so what would you know? ;)

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
What do we reckon then? Get a lead of 150 and then the declaration before unleashing Harmo and the boys to try and grab two or three quick ones before stumps?

Could be interesting - if we pitch it up I think there's a chance of a chase after tea tomorrow!
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Kiwi's (everbody likes the Kiwi's don't they?) figured 400 would be enough on this wicket but were obviously mistaken.

Bat as long as possible and try to win by an innings would be my view.

Don't declare too early at Hedders......

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Until he gets out...

But at the end of the day, he's still scored 94!
as i said this is the most mature innings i've seen.....this is what has shown how much he has matured as a player over the last few years. it wasnt one of those innings where he smashed everything out of the park, it was a sensible put the bad ball away type innings.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well Batted Geraint!

Out of interest: Do NZ actually have a single working bowler (fit and in decent form)?

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
The difference being that NZ seem to have given it up, whereas England fought back.
yep i dunno whats going on out there.. this aint normal nz with there attitude today.. but i do suppose that when your getting spanked so hard its hard to have a smile on your face lol

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pedro Delgado said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Kiwi's (everbody likes the Kiwi's don't they?) figured 400 would be enough on this wicket but were obviously mistaken.

Bat as long as possible and try to win by an innings would be my view.

Don't declare too early at Hedders......
Problem is the Kiwis won't hang about in going off for light, so we need as much time as possible to bowl them out again!

tooextracool

International Coach
Tom Halsey said:
Hoggard: England's best bowler. VERY unlucky, he actually pitched it up a bit..
umm no...hoggard looked completely out of sorts for most of this test(and the last test). he was too short as he was against india in 2002

Tom Halsey said:
Flintoff: Bowled well, as usual. Very economical...
not really, he did bowl a bit too short too

twctopcat

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Out of interest: Do NZ actually have a single working bowler (fit and in decent form)?
I think they've run out, they're sending a shipment of sheep over to see if that can help though.. :)