• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

twctopcat

International Regular
MoxPearl said:
Well if u read my post i said playing for a draw cause his bowlers are so bad..

Last time i checked u are suppose to play defence if u looking for a draw ?

Hey i dont like it anymore than u do.. but our bowlers are simply NOT preforming.. there aint much he can do
Do you not think that Fleming is a bit wary of England getting a sizeable lead then having a day to get them out? There are still 60 overs left today. ItiIs a vague possibility.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Its interesting seeing some New Zealanders slagging off the bowling attack of Martin and Tuffey, Tuffey in particular, as that poll had Tuffey as being better than Harmison

tooextracool

International Coach
MoxPearl said:
They won the games not just cause of him man lol
true....but what was pretty much the same side to the one now played pretty well against SA but is struggling here. clearly it shows how much of a difference martin made in that series

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Also Jones and Flintoff seem to enjoy batting together - three partnerships 2 of them hundreds and the other 84 or somehting.

Vettori done his hamstring?

Rich2001

International Captain
England move to 440/5 - A lead of 31

Flintoff 70ish* & Jones 61* - Partnership of 101* (145)

England's lower order has certianly gone well in recent times, I hear this is the 3rd 50+ partnership between these too and 2 of them have gone past the 100 mark.

To make matters worse for New Zealand Vettori has hurt his hamstring and doesn't look too good now, can hardly walk.

McMillian, Oram, Bond, Papps, Vettori etc etc do you guys just want to forfit the series now and go home before you hurt yourselves much more :laugh:

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
superkingdave said:
Its interesting seeing some New Zealanders slagging off the bowling attack of Martin and Tuffey, Tuffey in particular, as that poll had Tuffey as being better than Harmison
lol it was a pretty old poll though, around the time when steve "wayward" harmison was running wild.

anzac

International Debutant
twctopcat said:
Do you not think that Fleming is a bit wary of England getting a sizeable lead then having a day to get them out? There are still 60 overs left today. ItiIs a vague possibility.
in essence the same sort of tactic employed by ENG in the 1st Test when continuing with the old ball..........

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's not good - Ashley Vettori's just been caught hamstering - or something.

No way will he bowl again - and he won't be fit for the third test by the looks of it.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
i think its a simple case of for whatever reason the bowlers are simply not fireing..

Now vettori is out..

lol

For the record i have never thought martin was a good bowler.. and tuffy was really really good in nz.. his bowling was awsome.. but after that injury he got he has never been the same :(

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
lol it was a pretty old poll though, around the time when steve "wayward" harmison was running wild.
I thought that it was started in February this year, but I might be wrong (too feeble to look).

twctopcat

International Regular
anzac said:
in essence the same sort of tactic employed by ENG in the 1st Test when continuing with the old ball..........
Yeah but we had some effective bowlers i.e Jones and his reverse swing.

anzac

International Debutant
superkingdave said:
however we are not slagging a fit Tuffey, we are saying his bowling is ineffective because of the injury he got v RSA & he should be replaced by a fit bowler..........there is a difference...

while I've been impressed by Harmison's efforts thus far I'd still have Tuffey, but perhaps that has something to do with the last time I saw Harmison bowl was The Ashes...............

Loony BoB

International Captain
Rich2001 said:
England's lower order has certianly gone well in recent times, I hear this is the 3rd 50+ partnership between these too and 2 of them have gone past the 100 mark.
Just looking at their lower order... Giles, Hoggard, Harmy and Saggers? I thought they were easy wickets. Well, at least the last three...

Not looking good for NZ right now, and to be honest I'd be surprised if we get a result at this point. NZ have proven they can bat longer than a day, and if they aren't put in soon then it would be hard to see 20 wickets falling in the last four sessions unless the target set was competitive. I imagine England would settle for a draw, too. NZ on the other hand won't be happy.

I really don't understand why Bond and Tuffey were considered to pass fitness tests when Bond hasn't had a chance and Tuffey has been bowling overs few and far between. Did they get worse after flying over, or were they never really fit in the first place? I'd rather see "just another 80mph bowler" from the domestic season at the moment - Tuffey seems way too far out of touch. Disappointing to see they passed a fitness test, just shows the lack of depth in NZ bowling.

I'm even wondering if Butler should be given a shot now, and I HATE Butler. :p

Lovely batting by England, though.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well from watching Tuffey i cant see him being that effective on flat pitches, i can see why he might be succesful in NZ though

Loony BoB

International Captain
MoxPearl said:
also who do u guys think is a good replacement for veto ?
I would say Bruce Martin, if anyone... I think Vettori will be okay for the third test, though. Or, should I say, Vettori will pass the same fitness test Tuffey and Bond passed. :p

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Loony BoB said:
I'm even wondering if Butler should be given a shot now, and I HATE Butler. :p
yep same i really dont like butlers bowling.. BUT.. he cant get much worse than the current lol