• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia Thread

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Crazy Sam said:
gilchrist
The Lehmann experiment failed spectacularly, sure he made a 50 but it screwed up Martyn and Symonds I felt. Problem the Aussies have faced since the last time NZ/SA toured here is that we nearly always have a collapse...even in the WC we went undefeated but a number of games we were 4 or 5 wickets down for around 100 or less.
They were probably going for a left/right handed combination throughout the order.

bryce

International Regular
Will Scarlet said:
NZ will be stronger in the next match as long as Mills and Butler (pie-throwers) are dropped for Adams and Franklin.
franklin isn't in australia, i don't see how you serperate adams from your pie-thrower category

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
I thought Franklin was kept for the ODIs. What a shame.

Adams is far more likely to take early wickets than either Mills and Butler though. Butler was brought in to remove the tail with his SPEED (fastest of 145 last night is hardly worthy of inclusion on this) and continued to get belted. Adams is capable of bowling at near this speed!

bryce

International Regular
haha thats a joke! adams cannot bowl away from home and of late his bowling seems to have gone off the boil completely,

Adams Bowling in his last 9 ODI's,
6 wickets@69.17, RPO:6.23, B/B:1/14

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc said:
So what exactly did "came to him quicker than he expected.." mean then if it's not an excuse for him dropping it?
It mean's nothing if anything it was just an explanation of what happend.. If you want to debate the reasons he droped it then fine but my opinion was he was not expecting it to come that quickly. what is wrong with that ??

I mean just what the hell where you trying to do with a comment like that ? they are commpleatly useless and prove to me just how pathetic you are sometimes. And it's obviously some other people feel the same way to..

Now please shut your mouth.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Fantastic game it was. I had faith in McCullum at the end, I remember what he did to SAf in the ODIs.

KIIIIIIIIIWIIIIIIII

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hoggy said:
Is Shane Watson the cricketing myth of the world?
I have seen him but a couple of times and have always wondered why he is held in such esteem by so many but I have then told myself that I have probably seen him on his off days.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
SJS said:
I have seen him but a couple of times and have always wondered why he is held in such esteem by so many but I have then told myself that I have probably seen him on his off days.
He bowls fast. Just below Butler - that must be a plus.

froggyboy86

Cricket Spectator
Does anyone think that Stuart MacGill should be playing One Dayers for Australia? It seems a waste to have someone of his talent sitting on the sidelines so trashy spinners like Hogg can play.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
meatspx said:
He bowls fast. Just below Butler - that must be a plus.
Maybe. But on both occasions I saw, it was straight up-and-down stuff. That doesnt go far in international cricket. In ODI's, at times, depending on the situation, batsmen may throw their wickets to straight forward deliveries.

Eclipse

International Debutant
SJS said:
it because he's no good in OD cricket..

have a look at his FC record and watch him in a FC match..

he should not be playing ODI cricket atm end of story

Eclipse

International Debutant
SJS said:
Maybe. But on both occasions I saw, it was straight up-and-down stuff. That doesnt go far in international cricket. In ODI's, at times, depending on the situation, batsmen may throw their wickets to straight forward deliveries.
he can swing's the ball (when it's new) now with his new action..

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel sorry for Kaspar who is a far better bowler in general than Brett Lee even at the death !! And just because he bowled one bad over he is going to pay the price , by being sidelined for the next game !!

shaka

International Regular
If Lee "stuffs" up, Kasper will return, so its not over for Kasper by a long shot, ODI's can change people form and may need a break. That over was really bad though, I would have thought that Leel would have bowled the 48th and the 50th, instead he bowled the 47th and 49th