• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia Thread

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
nibbs said:
to be honest i was concerned, however i felt there was still a chance. but with 5 overs left i thought it was gone...49 runs just shouldn't be scored off 5 overs. lol...australia let it happen. *giggles*
nibbs you sound like carson from queer eye!

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
it could've been all over when lehmann came in at number four - what a joke!! Symonds is our number 5 batsman and it was disappointing to see him dropped down to number 6 and return to his old mindframe at the start of innings. It was more Symonds than Vettori who took his wicket. Doesn't matter, his big score will come at the Gabba I think. The run out was nice though.

Never mind, Symonds is still the best one day player in the world. :D

And poor Kasper. That's all that can be said. I doubt that one over will cost him his test spot but I think he'll be helping Katich with the drinks for the last two games I'm afraid :(

At least when Australia wins the next game it'll make the Gabba game into something worthwhile.

PS: Symonds is still the best one day player in the world ;) :P

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
ahhhhhhhhhh you silly Aussies
You were beaten by the beater team on the day!

Both Vettori & Oram are suited to the ODI game, and with the addition of Cairns our bowling line-up is good. Replace Mills with Tuffey and it's pretty solid.

Also Marshal scores runs at the top of the order, unlike any of our test players.

I predit a 2-1 victory for NZ :)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i reckon ponting's tactics were poor in the last two overs. when they belted kasper in the 48th. and needed 11 off 2. the field shoulda been bought up blocking off the singles in lee's over. i couldn't have seen them hitting lee over the top of the field. that way they mighta been lucky to get a couple of runs off that over

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
does anyone else feel this shows the holes in the rotation system? certainly players need to be rested, but to take out mcgrath AND gillespie in the same game seems to be more of an insult to new zealand rather than a way to avoid injury or strain. and looking over the scorecard, we couldve used a quick half century at the end by mcgrath :D

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
andyc said:
does anyone else feel this shows the holes in the rotation system? certainly players need to be rested, but to take out mcgrath AND gillespie in the same game seems to be more of an insult to new zealand rather than a way to avoid injury or strain. and looking over the scorecard, we couldve used a quick half century at the end by mcgrath :D
Mcgraph or Gillespie should have played instead of Shane Watson. Smacks of complacency.

nibbs

International Captain
new zealand had too much guts and wanted it more. one top night indeed. i think we're gonna win this series

also, i'm not so sure we really need mills in the team. butler and mills do pretty much the same thing. so imo, drop mills and bring in another batsmen, preferably mcmillan. butler can bowl 10, oram 10, cairns 10, vettori 10 and styris 10.

i've really have to question the selection of hogg in the side? what does he offer that's any different to symonds and lehmann? he's a real gary and does jack **** imo

australia sux a fat **** btw

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Eclipse said:
It's about time Ponting hit some form as well..

surely he is going to hit a 100 at the Gabba
Nope. Not going to happen.

He only scores ODI tons at the MCG. :p

Son Of Coco

nibbs said:
new zealand had too much guts and wanted it more. one top night indeed. i think we're gonna win this series

also, i'm not so sure we really need mills in the team. butler and mills do pretty much the same thing. so imo, drop mills and bring in another batsmen, preferably mcmillan. butler can bowl 10, oram 10, cairns 10, vettori 10 and styris 10.

i've really have to question the selection of hogg in the side? what does he offer that's any different to symonds and lehmann? he's a real gary and does jack **** imo

australia sux a fat **** btw
gee, the difference a small victory can make............there's still two to go so how about you put the ****iness away until the end hey?

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
you are right, hogg yet again didn't offer much, in fact Symonds AND Lehmann bowled better than him. I also agree it was a poor decision to rest both Gillespie and McGrath.

I do think, however, that Ponting is in pretty good form - it's just not showing on the scoreboard yet.

nibbs

International Captain
Son Of Coco said:
gee, the difference a small victory can make............there's still two to go so how about you put the ****iness away until the end hey?
****iness. i gotta say that's rich coming from an australian, whose people were claiming victory in a game they lost. hard to see new zealand losing in this series to be honest

andyc

Crazy Sam said:
you are right, hogg yet again didn't offer much, in fact Symonds AND Lehmann bowled better than him.
Yeah you're right. Lehmann's bowling has always impressed me, but he never seems to get a real chance to bowl much, both in tests and odi's, although i think under ponting he seems to be doing a bit more.

Son Of Coco

andyc said:
chappell-hadlee trophy,.. nz 1-aus 0. ouch that hurts. congrats to all you kiwis. haha serves me right i guess for jumping the gun and saying the aussies had won. its a pity, i expected a bit more from kasper there at the end; his place would quite likely be in serious question for lee for the next game. itll be interesting to see who gets it
I'd say Kasper will go and Lee will stay, if they bring in both Gillespie and McGrath (which would have to be highly likely) then I wonder who else will go? Watson didn't bowl too badly I didn't think, and probably deserved more.......Hogg got some runs though so I guess it'll depend on what they think is required for the next game. The lack of an experienced player to bowl at the end of the game (apart from Lee I guess) kind of stood out as an error in hindsight, but then it shouldn't be that difficult to bowl a really full length at that level....NZ bowled well to keep us tied down after a good start though, they played well.

Eclipse

International Debutant
nibbs said:
****iness. i gotta say that's rich coming from an australian, whose people were claiming victory in a game they lost. hard to see new zealand losing in this series to be honest
Just watch us :D

Seriously I think a lot of us are ****y but I try my best not to be.

andyc

nibbs said:
hard to see new zealand losing in this series to be honest
i have to disagree.. i realise i said australia was going to win at about the 43rd over, but i think once mcgrath and/or gillespie come back new zealand wont perform as well as tonight.

Son Of Coco

nibbs said:
yeah well I guess it's tit-for-tat in that regard.......I'll have to read the rest of the thread to see the claims of victory i guess. I don't think it'll be that clear cut, it wasn't like there was a big difference between the teams tonight. I just found it surprising that an outburst like that came from you, but then maybe i haven't read enough of your posts. :p

nibbs

International Captain
andyc said:
Yeah you're right. Lehmann's bowling has always impressed me, but he never seems to get a real chance to bowl much, both in tests and odi's, although i think under ponting he seems to be doing a bit more.
lehmann was good imo. really hard to get away. although the conditions did suit him. i'd like to see him bowl at the waca