• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
superb maiden by Hogg, he defiantely is coming to the party today
yeah, bowling a lot better than i expected. i hope i dont jinx it, but currently, vaughan has a higher strike rate than KP! :wacko:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
First time I've had a good look at Pieterson - there are a number of similarities to Ponting there. Really wanting to get on that front toe early, and that shot through midwicket from the off stump they seem to share. Mind you, Ponting is playing a lot more across the line so far this tour than what I've seen in a while, even when he was "struggling" through 2004.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Michael Holding said earlier in the game that he didn't expect the pitch to slow down substantially (as is apparently custom for Bristol), but it looks to have slowed quite a lot, and there've been a few deliveries keep very low.

andyc

australia really need to get rid of pietersen before he starts hitting out. we're (almost) in the clear once that happens

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
Michael Holding said earlier in the game that he didn't expect the pitch to slow down substantially (as is apparently custom for Bristol), but it looks to have slowed quite a lot, and there've been a few deliveries keep very low.
on top of that the required run rate is hovering around 7

Barney Rubble

International Coach
andyc said:
australia really need to get rid of pietersen before he starts hitting out. we're (almost) in the clear once that happens
Almost. Remember Geraint Jones and Solanki are good improvisors.

Slow Love™

International Captain
OK, Neil (I sound like Chris Hinton), I put the Aussies in front now - about 55%. Pietersen and Vaughan are having a fair degree of trouble getting any pace off the wicket.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
There's that low pitch...now, did it pitch outside leg??
That's what I thought initially, but it was definitely out, good decision. I don't think that's the worst thing that could happen to England, to be honest. Vaughan's played his role; now they need to score quick runs.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Slow Love™ said:
OK, Neil (I sound like Chris Hinton), I put the Aussies in front now - about 55%. Pietersen and Vaughan are having a fair degree of trouble getting any pace off the wicket.
At least your shift key works a little better than his. And it looks as though Jeremy came up with the goods. Solanki or G. Jones - one of these need to make at least 30-odd, and Pieterson to stay in...game is really turning now.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
There's that low pitch...now, did it pitch outside leg??
Nah it was a leg break so it had to pitch outside off stump or on the stumps. Chinamen spin it back into right handers

andyc

australia just in front. at the rate he was scoring, vaughan's wicket was pretty insignificant. with kasper still to bowl some, it's KP that the aussies have to watch out for

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
It's going to be interesting to see how this MotM popular vote works out. Even if Australia win, I suspect an English player (probably Harmison) will get MotM. Not that he doesn't deserve it, mind, but if it were decided in the normal fashion it would probably be a player from the winning side who gets it.