• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
That's two wickets off a virtual long-hop to third man. Don't tell me that's good bowling, it's just absolutely p*ss poor batting.
You don't seem to complain when Harmison gets those wickets...

Slow Love™

International Captain
Jono said:
He dropped it off McGrath's bowling actually. It was Gilchrist that dropped Strauss off Kaspa's bowling.
Whoops! My mistake. Oh well, he's probably dirty on himself instead after taking the catch off Jones to give Dizzy his second... :)

Slow Love™

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Actually, I would argue exactly that. From ball one today Gillespie has looked much, much better. I think part of it is the bouncier track, Gillespie loved to hit the pitch had and get the ball up well above stump height without going short, and he hasn't been able to do that on the slowish wickets he's bowled on so far. With the ball doing that for him, suddenly his line and length improved massively, and he really hasn't bowled more than a couple of bad balls today, where before he was bowling them a couple of times an over.
Sorry, mate, what would you be arguing? It looks like we're agreeing more than disagreeing....

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Scratching my head here as to why SJ is the one to miss out. We'll need to take ten wkts to win this match and SJ has been better than Dazzler in the bowling dept. Smacks of romantic farewells to me.

Good grief, please bring on the proper cricket. Please.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
Sorry, mate, what would you be arguing? It looks like we're agreeing more than disagreeing....
That Gillespie bowled much better today than he did earlier in the series. ;)

edit: Haha sorry, totally misread your post.

shaka

International Regular
all the others can bat a bit, and they are 93/6 they had to do that. So they can put up a score that might be defendable.

Slow Love™

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
That Gillespie bowled much better today than he did earlier in the series. ;)

edit: Haha sorry, totally misread your post.
Yeah, took me a while to figure that one out - you must've read "couldn't" as "could"... LOL, crossed wires.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
shaka said:
all the others can bat a bit, and they are 93/6 they had to do that. So they can put up a score that might be defendable.
Disagree. Nothing we get from here-on-in will be defendable. We'll need ten wickets to win and Gough is about as likely to take a five-for as me going for a pint with Maggie Thatcher.

Granted SJ isn't likely to get a five-for either, but he's a better bet at the mo.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting watching KP here. He clearly has a weakness outside off stump, and looks like a joke when he tries to play anything wide there, even when he gets it right he looks very shaky indeed. Nevertheless, he's doing a great, composed job here, not being suckered into giving it away like Flintoff has at times earlier in the series.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England have gotta go after the 5th bowler, 7 overs from them left, if they get a bit of tap it at least gives Australia a relatively minor problem. 200-8 or something isn't going to be much better than 150 all out - both require a miracle.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pietersen looking pretty good today, this is an important innings for KP in the context of him being selected for the 1st Test next week.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
aussie said:
Pietersen looking pretty good today, this is an important innings for KP in the context of him being selected for the 1st Test next week.
If he scores 200 he still won't get in ahead of Bell or Thorpe.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
That particular subplot is probably more interesting than the actual game now. Well, to this one-eyed Englishman, anyway. I wonder if one or two of the selectors are hoping KP gets out for less than 50 to keep the decison easy. If he makes a 100 today, it will be a brave call to leave him out.