• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Barney Rubble said:
Freddie and KP need to hang around for another 10-15 at the very least.
So much for that idea.

Yet again it falls to Paul Collingwood to extricate England from problems caused by the top order.

shaka

International Regular
Gillespie has bowled much better in this game, but his speed in the series is low compared to his normal 85+ mph.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Botham believes in the first Test at Lord's, England don't need a spinner and thus Pietersen should come in for Giles.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
And that rounds off yet another short, pathetic display from the top 3.
Yup. If anyone tells your your're overreacting, they're wrong mate. I struggling to remember many occasions in the last 12 months when our top 3 provided any sort of platform in these games, and you just wonder why they can't work it out. They're not kids, when all said and done.

I suppose that's the only consolation is one sense - our oneday batting was equally crap in SA and in last year's NW games, but they performed well enough in the tests. They'd better, anyway. Otherwise, I think we're going to usually fall below 150 and more than once below 100 in the tests if they don't sort themselves out.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Botham believes in the first Test at Lord's, England don't need a spinner and thus Pietersen should come in for Giles.
yeah i heard, Beefy is having one of his moments again :sleep:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
And that rounds off yet another short, pathetic display from the top 3.
<positive mode>And that rounds off yet another short, very good opening bowling display from Australia</positive mode>

:p

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:

Beefy seems to have forgotten a couple of points. Firstly, this Lord's test is being played in the last week of July, not May or early June. Secondly, someone's going to have to bowl a lot of tidy overs to allow the quicks to operate in short bursts.

I'd have gone with that option if Giles was still injured, but not otherwise.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
wpdavid said:
Yup. If anyone tells your your're overreacting, they're wrong mate. I struggling to remember many occasions in the last 12 months when our top 3 provided any sort of platform in these games, and you just wonder why they can't work it out. They're not kids, when all said and done.

I suppose that's the only consolation is one sense - our oneday batting was equally crap in SA and in last year's NW games, but they performed well enough in the tests. They'd bater, anyway. Otherwise, I think we're going to usually fall below 150 and more than once below 100 in the tests if they don't sort themselves out.
Yeah we're a pretty ordinary ODI side, I take a crumb of comfort that we're competing a little better here than we did in SA though.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
look at the elelation on Dizzy's face, yes that wicket could be the turning point for the big South Australian.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:
Yeah we're a pretty ordinary ODI side, I take a crumb of comfort that we're competing a little better here than we did in SA though.
When you look at the performances of our batsmen and opening bowlers, is quite extraordianary that we've not been stuffed out of sight in every game.