• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Hoggy31

International Captain
I would've subbed him for Giles, Collingwood, Solanki and Vaughan could've bowled his ten without losing much

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
shaka said:
Anyone now think it was a bad move placing Solanki in?
It was right to bring the sub batsman in, but I'd have preferred someone like Prior to have been the sub and the subbee to be Gough (not that I'd have picked Gough in the first place)

Slow Love™

International Captain
shaka said:
Anyone now think it was a bad move placing Solanki in?
I think people were more concerned about who it was he replaced.

Sheesh, Beefy should be applying for a position on Pietersen's management staff, the way he's bigging him up for a test place... Oh, wait.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Oh Jason! What an absolute gem that was. Three great death balls in a row, a top yorker, a good slower ball and then an amazing slower ball.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
tassietiger said:
The Mullet Man is back, Brett Lee might miss out yet again. All I can say is...thank god.
Doubt it. Kasprowicz is the unlucky one for mine. Should Lee or Gillespie have a poor test or two, Kasprowicz will come back in.

Might well be the end of Michael's career too, if Gillespie has a good Ashes and Lee performs as he has been too. Especially with Tait waiting around.

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
Doubt it. Kasprowicz is the unlucky one for mine. Should Lee or Gillespie have a poor test or two, Kasprowicz will come back in.

Might well be the end of Michael's career too, if Gillespie has a good Ashes and Lee performs as he has been too. Especially with Tait waiting around.
If Kasper was the unlucky one I'd be extremely annoyed, as it's not the first time for him. Hopefully it will bring flashbacks for the selectors though, and remind them of their poor treatment of one Andy Bichel. Hardest worker you could hope for, most honest player that gave his all every chance he had (and also on the side was quite good), and they kicked him out and then he got player of the year for the domestic season.

Similarly, Michael Bevan's stunning form surge after being dropped rather harshly. Dominated for Tassie, but I'm not complaining.

Kasprowicz would probably turn into another one of these stories as he is still a top-class bowler that can break a partnership when nobody else seems to be able to.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Giles dropped in the deep playing inside-out. Good job for Australia they won't be made to pay heavily for these drops.

Unless Giles goes on to smash 50*..... :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
tassietiger said:
If Kasper was the unlucky one I'd be extremely annoyed, as it's not the first time for him. Hopefully it will bring flashbacks for the selectors though, and remind them of their poor treatment of one Andy Bichel. Hardest worker you could hope for, most honest player that gave his all every chance he had (and also on the side was quite good), and they kicked him out and then he got player of the year for the domestic season.
Yeah maybe, but sometimes you have to be unfair. Lee needs to be picked, simple as that. McGrath is the best bowler in the world, so you can't drop him. Who's left? Gillespie and Kasprowicz, and Tait at a stretch. Kasprowicz was good in the last game but poor elsewhere, and Gillespie was poor up until this game too. Unless Kasprowicz takes a big haul in the FC game though, Gillespie will make the third seamer spot on the back of this performance.