• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
The problem with someone as wayward as that is that he will bowl loose deliveries, and I would suggest that top drawer batsmen could really make him suffer.
His accuracy is improving. I agree though that he will need to be able to put more balls in the right area to be successful in test cricket, but you will notice that his economy rate has dropped massively since his early days, as have his wides and no balls, while his strike rate remains about the same. He's still in his early 20s, and has a lot of improvement in him.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hoggy31 said:
Predicted side changes for todays game anyone?

I reckon Australia will bring in Hogg for Gillespie
That would be foolish. Gillespie needs the game time.

I'd predict an unchanged team, honestly.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
aussie said:
even so scaly, the pitch did become easier to bat on towards the end of Australia's innings and for the entire England innings.
the clouds moving away and the sun coming out were responsible for that, well partly responsible anyway.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
not suprising, solanki will now be wasted as a sub and will not be used, unless they just sub him on in the field which wouldnt be a terrible idea really...

Blaze

Banned
Terrible shot by Trescothick.

Congrats to Brett Lee on 200 wickets. I never thought I would say this about an Australian but he is my favourite bowler at the moment. I love his speed.

Blaze

Banned
Scaly piscine said:
Another good toss to win... I guess we'll see if it is 'decisive' later.

Why is it a good toss to win? Apart from the supersub farce. Australia are bowling tightly and England are not prepared to take risks

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Super Sub rule is stupid...does favour bowling team too much, not that it has mattered yet, as neither chasing teams have actually needed a supersub. They have to give the opportunity to name your supersub after the toss somehow, because you can't have games being changed that much by the flipping of a coin.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Terrible shot by Trescothick.
I really hoped his 100 at Leeds might have been a turning point against this lot, but no sign of it so far. If anything, apart from one good knock, this may well be Tresco's worst series yest against Aus, which really is saying soemthing.

tooextracool

International Coach
Blaze said:
Why is it a good toss to win? Apart from the supersub farce. Australia are bowling tightly and England are not prepared to take risks
because the oval always has been a better track to bat 2nd on.

tooextracool

International Coach
wpdavid said:
I really hoped his 100 at Leeds might have been a turning point against this lot, but no sign of it so far. If anything, apart from one good knock, this may well be Tresco's worst series yest against Aus, which really is saying soemthing.
you know its not a good sign when tresco fails at the oval :p

tooextracool

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
In the most recent match at Lords, there was a bit of swing around early on in England's innings, but Australia didn't even take any wickets then and it had a minimal impact on the match..
not sure about that bit. the ball that got vaughan and tresco out were due a bit of seam movement. it was englands fault to have been 45/4 though.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Gillespie drops Vaughan at fine leg - first runs off McGrath, and the beginning of another potentially depressing day for Dizzy.