• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
King_Ponting said:
Whats wrong with them? He was clearly flawless in his captaincy skills during this game.
They said he should have not taken the 'foot off the gass' when Collingwood first came in.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
King_Ponting said:
Whats wrong with them? He was clearly flawless in his captaincy skills during this game.
This game, he was exceptional.

You've got a short memory if you think that's been the cast thoughout the summer, but no matter.

Regarding Buchanan, I quite like the bloke - his in-you-face-stick-it-in-your-ear arrogance is quite refreshing compared to what you normally get.

I do think that the Aussies have just the one serious problem as far as back-up bowlers go now though. McGrath and Warne are all-time greats, Lee has come on in huge strides this series but I'm inclined to think that Mullet has gone, possibly for good. Is there anyone else ready to step up?

Mister Wright

luckyeddie said:
This game, he was exceptional.

You've got a short memory if you think that's been the cast thoughout the summer, but no matter.

Regarding Buchanan, I quite like the bloke - his in-you-face-stick-it-in-your-ear arrogance is quite refreshing compared to what you normally get.

I do think that the Aussies have just the one serious problem as far as back-up bowlers go now though. McGrath and Warne are all-time greats, Lee has come on in huge strides this series but I'm inclined to think that Mullet has gone, possibly for good. Is there anyone else ready to step up?
I doubt the Mullet is gone forever. As far as the future goes, there are some promising players like Tait, however, I think there will be some guys going in and out of the side before there is an established bowling team.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hoggy31 said:
Haddin subbed in for McGrath
Slightly surreal time to do it tho!

Is Gilchrist trying to make a statement? He hasn't got close to middling a ball from Jones's over yet, but he's still got two fours. Decent pace from Jones too, up around 90mph.

Mister Wright

BoyBrumby said:
Slightly surreal time to do it tho!

Is Gilchrist trying to make a statement? He hasn't got close to middling a ball from Jones's over yet, but he's still got two fours. Decent pace from Jones too, up around 90mph.
Good to do it now, because he might want Haddin to come in next.