• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
social said:
A few thoughts on the match to date.

1. Marc, if the England top order has found some "form", then please sign the Ashes over forthwith.

2. Gillespie is still bowling rubbish which begs the question as to whether Aus can afford 4 bowlers only.

3. The over of Symonds to Collingwood and Flintoff should've resulted in a minimum of 1 wicket which would've meant "game over."
A few thoughts of someone who knows a bit about cricket

1. England's top order look to have performed about the same as Australia's, and a one-day international series has nothing to do with the Ashes

2. Any side thinking about playing 7 batsmen is a side chasing draws. Any side thinking about dropping Gillespie and replacing him with another batsman is in fact thinking about going in with 8 batsmen and not 7. They don't allow Supersubs in tests (ICC to pick that one up in 5....4....3....)

3. 33-5 wasn't 'game over' the other day. Plenty said it was, I said it wasn't. I was right. What a surprise. 'Should' means nothing in cricket.

:p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Looks like we've seen the last of Dizzy today. Raises the question if it's a bigger blow to his confidence to be given 7 overs & then replaced with a part-timer than it would've been to be dropped?

Good over from Symonds, BTW. 4 at this stage is v impressive.

PY

International Coach
Flintoff opened his shoulders a little here. Needs to for us to get to respectability.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Michael Holding "Andrew Symonds, back to off-spin. It's good when you have a player who can do this (swap from pace to spin)."

Next ball is a waist-high full-toss that Flintoff deposits 20 rows back over square-leg..........

:wacko:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Two things;

Ricky Ponting is still a God in the field. Shame Gilchrist couldn't match the brilliance in what would have been outstanding out cricket if he had.

Andy Flintoff just took the gloss off what was an outstanding knock. Such a shame, I wanted him to get his ton because he played so very well.

PY

International Coach
Crap. Jones need to hit the 30s I reckon for England to be competitive. Why did he have to go for what sounds like a smear? Stick to your strengths my friend....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I don't know if anyone else noticed during the replay, but it looked to me as if Fred was dismissed off a massive no-ball. Bet they mention that in the break.