• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The substitution shouldn't happen unless he has to come in with England 7 down and heaps of overs left. He's not exactly a slogger and if there's, say, 15 overs left, is it worth sacrificing the 10 overs of a front-line bowler for a nick-and-nudge merchant?

PY

International Coach
Top_Cat said:
The substitution shouldn't happen unless he has to come in with England 7 down and heaps of overs left. He's not exactly a slogger and if there's, say, 15 overs left, is it worth sacrificing the 10 overs of a front-line bowler for a nick-and-nudge merchant?
IMO, he's got the ability to wallop the ball about almost as much as Trescothick in my opinion which is good enough for my book. He's not quite as good for slogging as Freddie and KP though.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmmmmmmmmm....................Collingwood VERY lucky to survive the stumping. I thought it was out. The side-on view showed that there was doubt whether his left heel was in the air but I thougt the stump vision erased that doubt. As I said, VERY lucky.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
poor Dizzy nothing is going his way :sleep:
In order to have something 'going his way', it just might help his cause if he could bowl the odd ball in the right place.

Always sad to see a brilliant bowler go belly-up, but he's too good to bowl this tripe for ever.

Hoggy31

International Captain
You would never of thought this a year ago but Symonds looks much more likely to take a wicket then Gillespie

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
Hmmmmmmmmm....................Collingwood VERY lucky to survive the stumping. I thought it was out. The side-on view showed that there was doubt whether his left heel was in the air but I thougt the stump vision erased that doubt. As I said, VERY lucky.
It would be nice if Dizzy could get some of that luck.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Top_Cat said:
Let's look at the CW match report, shall we? Let your uncle LE be the judge...

Wonderful work behind the stumps by Gilchrist had Collingwood struggling to regain his ground, the margin between success and failure measured in a single frame of film and a shadow. If it could ever be possible to get away with saying 'It is clear there was doubt', that was that moment, and the television umpire correctly ruled in favour of the batsman

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
Pretty toilet start from the young fella. 5 wides from first two balls.
Translation:

"Start toilet young from the pretty fella"

I'm sorry. That conjures up images I don't wish to have. Mental enema, anyone?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A few thoughts on the match to date.

1. Marc, if the England top order has found some "form", then please sign the Ashes over forthwith.

2. Gillespie is still bowling rubbish which begs the question as to whether Aus can afford 4 bowlers only.

3. The over of Symonds to Collingwood and Flintoff should've resulted in a minimum of 1 wicket which would've meant "game over."

Slow Love™

International Captain
Gillespie's certainly looking no less beaten than the last month, and it's becoming a bit embarrassing to see the glee with which the English bats attack him so mercilessly from the get-go - particularly when it doesn't seem to make a difference whether they're in some trouble or not. I think Dizzy has to be kept for the last one-dayer (mainly because it's of little meaning, and we might as well try everything to get him back in some kind of form), but at this stage, Kasper's stocks just went right up while Gillespie's continued to plummet. However, new national selector Merv Hughes has made a public statement that he doesn't believe any of the fast bowlers should lose their place in the test side, which, if true, will mean that Lee misses out. I find it hard that could happen though.

Collingwood's proving to be a major thorn in our side, isn't he?