• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Slow Love™

International Captain
aussie said:
I think he might have been serious, mate - isn't steds a devout catholic?

Anyhow, looks like 180 or so might be a fairly defendable target in this game. Am I right in figuring that Vaughan has taken all the fun out of the powerplays and used them all up right at the beginning of the innings?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
So with Collingwood amongst the wickets (again), isn't it time for TEC to put in an appearance (again) and say that he was lucky (again)?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All the new rules don't really make much difference in games like this because it isn't the stereotypical, standard 250+ one-day pitch.

Somerset_Rule

Cricket Spectator
i reckon 160+ would be easy for the aussies to defend if the likes of McGrath and gillespie bowl half well. england havent bowled particulary well and have probably the best team in the world 144-5.

Scaly piscine

Gillepsie hasn't bowled half well once this tour, it's never easy to bowl a side out cheaply that has 8 batsmen, especially if England's top 3 bother to bat properly.

dinu23

International Debutant
nah! 160 is nothing for England. the main threat will be McGrath. if england can get around 30 from his 10 without losing wickets,they're well on course to win.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Solanki should bat at no.4. Ideally, this should be their line up..

Tresco
Strauss
Vaughan
Solanki
Flintoff
Pieterson
Collingwood
Jones

Scaly piscine

honestbharani said:
I think Solanki should bat at no.4. Ideally, this should be their line up..

Tresco
Strauss
Vaughan
Solanki
Flintoff
Pieterson
Collingwood
Jones
I wouldn't have Flintoff at 5, he's better off at 7 unless England get off to a good start - which is unlikely. Pietersen and Collingwood would both leave the ball a bit better and hopefully not push so hard at the ball, I can just see Flintoff's eyes lighting up when the ball is full edging it behind.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Scaly piscine said:
I wouldn't have Flintoff at 5, he's better off at 7 unless England get off to a good start - which is unlikely. Pietersen and Collingwood would both leave the ball a bit better and hopefully not push so hard at the ball, I can just see Flintoff's eyes lighting up when the ball is full edging it behind.
Maybe, but I think that would be the ideal top 4 though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Well, he needs to do something today. It's a long way from his finest hour with ther ball.

But tbh I don't think we'll make 150 on this wicket.

Scaly piscine

Abysmal late over stuff from England, they've seen how useless Lee is against short pitch stuff so they keep giving him the odd full ball to score off.