• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
luckyeddie said:
Scally to eat my brains in 5....4....3....
I am certain that if their's one thing he lacks its brains ! you will be doing the whole of human kind a great favour :D not to mention the sheep :happy:

Scallywag

Banned
chipmonk said:
I am certain that if their's one thing he lacks its brains ! you will be doing the whole of human kind a great favour :D not to mention the sheep :happy:
Damm I hate it when I step in dog excrement, the smell just lingers. :D :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Tips for teams tonight?

I'll have a go:
Trescothick
Strauss
Vaughan
Pietersen
Flintoff
Collingwood
G. Jones
Giles
Gough
S. Jones
Harmison
sub: Prior

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Symonds
Clarke
Hogg
Lee
Gillespie
Kasprowicz
McGrath
sub: Hussey

Second one might be wishful thinking on my part, and they might Pick Hussey in the main team and have Watson as the sub instead of Kasper, or just go with the same exact team as the NWS final with Kasprowicz as the sub.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
chipmonk said:
their's? THEIR'S?

(walks away whistling after humiliating the Canadian :) )

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Faaip, why drop Hussey?
Not dropping Hussey, making him the sub. Bringing Kasprowicz in gives Australia potentially 5 bowling options, and Hussey usually bats at 7.

If Australia bowl first, you bowl out someone like McGrath or Kasprowicz and bring Hussey on for him, he fields well and can bat when needed. If Australia bats first, you bring Hussey on when the 5th wicket falls if needed to replace Kasprowicz, and rely on Symonds and Clarke to bowl 10 as you usually would with 4 bowlers. If he doesn't end up playing because only 4 wickets go down, it's no different really since he wouldn't have come on anyway, and you have a bowling option up your sleeve.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone who faces Gough usually has a good day, wonder how many more miserable performances from him England have to suffer before he gets dropped.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
ok 50/0 :) i hoping for a solid batting performace for the wrest of the innings & not a repeat of what has been happening throughout the summer. :dry:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scaly piscine said:
Anyone who faces Gough usually has a good day, wonder how many more miserable performances from him England have to suffer before he gets dropped.
Are you watching, or just blathering based on Cricinfo as usual?

Gough has bowled well and been unfortunate.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
i think england are making the mistake of giving him the new ball he has lost to ability to take wikcets early. If he cant get wikcets in these conditions he wont get any overseas.

He should come on first change, he can be more effective later in the innings since along with he is England's best death bowler

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
Are you watching, or just blathering based on Cricinfo as usual?

Gough has bowled well and been unfortunate.
Except he hasn't, he's bowled it too short to get the edge and been easily put away for 6 as usual because of his plodding pace.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
just when i felt Gilchrist would take them apart, he gets out.... :dry:

By the way with regards to this powerplay scenario, but Englad have another 5 over period to go right???