• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Well, there's a bit of a difference in pace for a start, but I reckon that he wouldn't have done anything other than accept the apology then throw his wicket away.
Quite sportsmanlike of him to offer his wicket like that, I must say.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
One thing I will say, aside from McGrath and Lee's wonderful bowling, the fielding today has been flawless for Australia aside from Ponting's extremely difficult drop.

Gillespie on now, big moment for him. He has to bowl well.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
One thing I will say, aside from McGrath and Lee's wonderful bowling, the fielding today has been flawless for Australia aside from Ponting's extremely difficult drop.

Gillespie on now, big moment for him. He has to bowl well.
You were saying?

That was as simple a run out chance as they come to Michael Clarke.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Even Symonds getting a bit of seam movement here. If this is like the first test pitch, it will be an interesting (and short) test.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Even Symonds getting a bit of seam movement here. If this is like the first test pitch, it will be an interesting (and short) test.
dont think ticket holders will be too pleased if that happens.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Before the start of the innings i was going to say that you shouldnt be surprised to see Australia take england out for less than 100.
And what do you know :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Arrow said:
Before the start of the innings i was going to say that you shouldnt be surprised to see Australia take england out for less than 100.
The odds for that were something like 1-100 and I swear, I was this close *does finger and thumb with little gap signal* to putting $10 on that. Damn it!

Edit: It was actually 1-101on TAB Sportsbet.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Arrow said:
Too late now to try and look like a smart ar$e I'm afraid.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Arrow said:
I for one would be wary of such a statement - because unlikely as it might be, you leave yourself open to a serious mocking if you are wrong.

Besides, you didn't say it at the time - and saying you 'were going to' just makes you look a prat.

Slow Love™

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
I for one would be wary of such a statement - because unlikely as it might be, you leave yourself open to a serious mocking if you are wrong.

Besides, you didn't say it at the time - and saying you 'were going to' just makes you look a prat.
Correct. Plus, I think there's a fair chance of them passing 100.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Jono said:
The odds for that were something like 1-100 and I swear, I was this close *does finger and thumb with little gap signal* to putting $10 on that. Damn it!
LOL, did that say $20 a few minutes ago, or was that my imagination? :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It did, then I realised there's an error. I'm a gambler, but not an idiot! The 2 key is next to the 1 ;)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Around 5 an over needed now, but at least these two are still around.

Gillespie not bowling complete rubbish, but not great either. Symonds looks more dangerous to me.

Amazingly, Andy actually has the best economy rate in the NWS so far, at 3.43 from a touch under 30 overs. McGrath has 3.55 from 45

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
luckyeddie said:
Could have been a typo. Then again, Australia's opener could be called Gayden.
Well I guess he is then. :) No need to get bitter and take your frustration out with silly sarcasm.

50 up for England!