• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Has Ponting said the team that handles the pressure of this Final best will win. England seem to be wilting.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Like we said, if we could see off the new ball, we'd be fine. Ar$e.
Yeah. First 10 overs was always going to be the key, and like I said even one or two wickets would be fine. But four?

It's all about Flintoff now. He needs to play a gem or it's game. Lee and McGrath on fire once again... I can tell you Lee will be playing in the first test now. I'll bet my head.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Is there any dimissal you don't think is "pathetic"? Lee absolutely worked out Strauss and exploited his flaw perfectly, and McGrath got on to hit the seam and leave Trescothick. It's not like we're talking about a rank long-hop being hit down the throat of deep midwicket.
They're opening batsmen, they should be able to defend a straight ball and not play a stupid low percentage shot like Trescothick.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Yeah. First 10 overs was always going to be the key, and like I said even one or two wickets would be fine. But four?

It's all about Flintoff now. He needs to play a gem or it's game. Lee and McGrath on fire once again... I can tell you Lee will be playing in the first test now. I'll bet my head.
Dam right Lee will be playing, thier is no way Ponting & the selectors can be still thinking of playing Kasper now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FaaipDeOiad said:
Is it just me, or could everyone just see that Strauss dismissal the previous ball? Lee pitches it right up, swings on to the pad, flicked away for two. Next ball, about 6 inches further to the off and another 6 inches shorter, and he's clean bowled.

One of the most obvious technical flaws I've seen exposed in a long time. Strauss has to deal with that fast.
Exactly! I said that to myself when I saw Lee go for the inswinging yorker. I said, Strauss is going to be bowled soon. I didn't think it would be the next ball, but I knew he was in trouble the way he played the first delivery. Even if he did get 2 off it.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Slow Love™ said:
How bad was the beamer? I'm still on the ****ing Poker.
Better than Waqar's by a mile, but clearly accidental.

Glad to say that Trescothick showed a far more mature attitude over it than, say, someone else might have done in similar circumstances.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What in the world are we playing at with the shot selection?! It's four-an-over and we're hoiking wildly at everything - just beggars belief - what's the gameplan? Is there a gameplan?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:

Glad to say that Trescothick showed a far more mature attitude over it than, say, someone else might have done in similar circumstances.
Would have been interested to see how he would have handled it if it had, say, hit him on the shoulder. :p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:

If Lee had delivered another one, surely Trescothick would have been agressive towards Lee.