• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
Andew Gavin Larsen Symonds. You sure those are his middle names Faaip??
Haha. No, it was a joke. Gavin Larsen was a dobbly medium pacer for New Zealand in the 80s and 90s who never took wickets but had a career economy rate under 4.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jones targetting Hogg here! This is getting a little alarming from Australia's point of view, but it's hard to see what Ponting can do, except bring Lee or McGrath on for Gillespie now and have Gillespie bowl at the death.

Severe need for a wicket, either way.

PY

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Is that like Jason Chris Lewis Gillespie?
:D.

Reminds me of what Neil said when KP was bashing the Aussies at Bristol (check the sig).

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Jones batting well today, he is regularly bashed on this forum, one wonders if he plays a match-winning innigs if those that aren't fond of him will begin to think differently.

Good Lee is back

Slow Love™

International Captain
PY said:
:D.

Reminds me of what Neil said when KP was bashing the Aussies at Bristol (check the sig).
Actually, I laughed out loud when I first read that.

His hair is looking a little better now, at least.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
This is a strange gamble from Ponting. There's only 13 overs left in the innings, and Hogg has only bowled 5. With pace from both ends, he's going to be bowling at the end.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
Jones batting well today, he is regularly bashed on this forum, one wonders if he plays a match-winning innigs if those that aren't fond of him will begin to think differently.

Good Lee is back
No chance.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
This is a strange gamble from Ponting. There's only 13 overs left in the innings, and Hogg has only bowled 5. With pace from both ends, he's going to be bowling at the end.
Ponting has little choice - he HAS to break this partnership, and then hope that he can bring back Lippy - or it's going to be dibbly dobblers like Clarke. Currently, Gillespie bowling a superbly tight over.

PY

International Coach
aussie said:

Good Lee is back
I was a major supporter of Jonesy when he first came in but he had an explosive start with the bat and that's what made me so keen to have him in the side.

He's obviously got the talent but I'm not sure if his shot selection isn't a little suspect at the moment, I would say it'll come with experience but he's late 20s and played 15 Tests already.

Rest assured though, if he wins this, he can have the freedom of the Rhondda Valley for nothing.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Ponting has little choice - he HAS to break this partnership, and then hope that he can bring back Lippy - or it's going to be dibbly dobblers like Clarke. Currently, Gillespie bowling a superbly tight over.
Yeah, great over from Gillespie. He can squeeze one more each from Lee and Gillespie and still get McGrath and Lee to bowl the last 5...

After that, Hogg and Clarke/Hussey need to buy 5 on the trot. If England survive these next two overs, that will be the point where they can take the game from Australia.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well, Lee seems to have remembered how to bowl at the death again...

Pressure is on Ponting here, following this Gillespie over he has to decide what to do with his remaining 10 overs, with only 5 left from his pacers.