• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

PY

International Coach
Can't believe someone that good is coming in at 7. 'Tis true strength in depth.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
Can't believe someone that good is coming in at 7. 'Tis true strength in depth.
definately 7 is too low for a Batsman of his quality, but if you know you have a bloke like that coming in at 6 or 7, it would give you a huge comfort.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
.. In the batting department. I wouldnt say that as comfortably about the bowling.
yeah thats true, the young bowlers are talented but abilities at the highest level thus far is unproven.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good stuff from Colly (I'm touching wood as I type!), but Sir Bob made an interesting point: was there a case for leaving Gilo out? It really doesn't seem like a spinners track at all & we could always muddle an over from Vaughan or KP if it were so needed.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
BoyBrumby said:
Good stuff from Colly (I'm touching wood as I type!), but Sir Bob made an interesting point: was there a case for leaving Gilo out? It really doesn't seem like a spinners track at all & we could always muddle an over from Vaughan or KP if it were so needed.
Yeah spot on point made by the commentator. With 21 overs left and then Giles coming on to bowl, certainly doesnt seem he would be used fully. Tremlett>Giless as an option with the seam movement we have seen on this pitch.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
And now Collingwood and Giles operating... Vaughan going for the jugular then.
OK, now you know as well as I do that there is no real alternative - or would you have them sharing the last 10?

(don't give me the usual about going for the kill - why do you think that Symonds hasn't managed to get the ball off the square since 12.00? He's waiting for the last 10 overs - and so is Vaughan)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:

His bowling isn't that exciting :p

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
OK, now you know as well as I do that there is no real alternative - or would you have them sharing the last 10?

(don't give me the usual about going for the kill - why do you think that Symonds hasn't managed to get the ball off the square since 12.00? He's waiting for the last 10 overs - and so is Vaughan)
Bring one on of course (Collingwood is the better option on this pitch), but you still want a pace bowler at the other end to try and get that crucial 6th wicket - unless Vaughan is confident the cloud will disappear then you should not just be settling for Australia getting 200 minimum.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Bring one on of course (Collingwood is the better option on this pitch), but you still want a pace bowler at the other end to try and get that crucial 6th wicket - unless Vaughan is confident the cloud will disappear then you should not just be settling for Australia getting 200 minimum.
It's possibly the last time we'll ever see it.

shaka

International Regular
This may sound random, but we just passed the 50,000 views in this thread mark, really impressive figure.