• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Yes, he quite cleverly played and missed three times in succession. Very impressive.
ha :D , has i type Symo gets away with one followed by a close LBW appeal, these two must last this period.

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pratyush said:
The swing and good bowling means there may be balls you play and miss, specially some one like Symonds who isnt technically the best batsman.

But he hasnt hit any rash shots.

Well now he has and it goes over slips for a four :D

More trying to aplpy himself over all than usual though definitely.
You're joking.

He backed away from his stumps and almost got bowled, aiming the wildest Gilchrist-like swipe at the ball.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
luckyeddie said:
You're joking.

He backed away from his stumps and almost got bowled, aiming the wildest Gilchrist-like swipe at the ball.
I forgot to mention 'edged it for four' which I see completely changes that statement from a poor to a good shot.

Apologies.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, it's hard to know what a good score'll be. I think Oz really need to consolidate a bit now. Another wicket or two & they're really staring down the barrel.

Good bowling from Fred & Harmy to bring this back. @ 50-0 off 6 overs or whatever it was I feared the worst.

Agree with Neil too, Tremlett would've been handy on this surface as back of a length seems to be the optimum ball & it's about his stock delivery.

shaka

International Regular
classic headline on foxsports.news.com.au "England opt to bat first" then in headline, Vaughan opted to send Australia in

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Yeah, it's hard to know what a good score'll be. I think Oz really need to consolidate a bit now. Another wicket or two & they're really staring down the barrel.

Good bowling from Fred & Harmy to bring this back. @ 50-0 off 6 overs or whatever it was I feared the worst.

Agree with Neil too, Tremlett would've been handy on this surface as back of a length seems to be the optimum ball & it's about his stock delivery.
something tells me that those initial 6 overs could be the difference between the sides in the end.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
something tells me that those initial 6 overs could be the difference between the sides in the end.
'something' would tell you that because you're supporting Australia...

I hope the taff pretty much bowls through during this spell, no point saving overs for later really.

PY

International Coach
To be honest, he's got a point. Can you see England scoring 50 in the first 6 overs? I certainly can't.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Hussain saying about bowling Harmison out and maintaining pressure.

I feel the same. So keep the slip which exists out there. And try and getting that 5th wicket. Wickets are the key.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
shaka said:
classic headline on foxsports.news.com.au "England opt to bat first" then in headline, Vaughan opted to send Australia in
Come on, Fox. American news channel talking about that most un-american of sports.

Bat, bowl - what's the difference?