• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
PY said:
How'd they score so quick? Hayden and Gilchrist both scored at less than a run a ball and their scores only add up to 44. Plenty of extras I see though so I'd assume something to do with that?
It was full pitched deliveries and a lot of easy drives and Austraila looking solid, totally comfortable.

Then they started bowlin a bit short, got swing.

You get the picture.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The Big 3 are gone now..., it's become a trend thus far between these sides every time Australia seemed to be getting infront England always get wickets :dry, its good that England are challenging but honestly i'm getting bored with it.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
aussie said:
The Big 3 are gone now..., it's become a trend thus far between these sides every time Australia seemed to be getting infront England always get wickets :dry, its good that England are challenging but honestly i'm getting bored with it.
Martyn has looked in very good nick and its about time he capitalises I think.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Martyn has looked in very good nick and its about time he capitalises I think.
well he better, also this little period here with Harmy & Freddie bowling is going to be very interesting.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Flintoff is bowling awesome here, hits the off stump but the bail stays one, Symonds all over the place
very strange that, the ball just brushed the off-stump their.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, I've got up and all I've seen is Fred and Harmo bowl superbly (barring one absolute shocker from Ashington's finest) - excellent bounce, carry, seam movement - the works. Could've done with Tremlett on this track, I feel.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
aussie said:
Come on Symo, concentrate :dry:
Symonds has been quite impressive in the sense he is willing to apply himself after his disciplinary thingy.

Usually he would go for a rash shot at this point. The ball eally swinging with Flintoff exploiting the conditions as mentioned and now its a good cricket match after the poor quality of the first 10 or so overs over all.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Neil Pickup said:
Well, I've got up and all I've seen is Fred and Harmo bowl superbly (barring one absolute shocker from Ashington's finest) - excellent bounce, carry, seam movement - the works. Could've done with Tremlett on this track, I feel.
Its happened ever since the 7th over or so when the English stopped pitching it up and bowled a bit short and ever since you woke up!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pratyush said:
Symonds has been quite impressive in the sense he is willing to apply himself after his disciplinary thingy.

Usually he would go for a rash shot at this point. The ball eally swinging with Flintoff exploiting the conditions as mentioned and now its a good cricket match after the poor quality of the first 10 or so overs over all.
Yes, he quite cleverly played and missed three times in succession. Very impressive.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
That infers that you got up before noon.

Call yourself a student? For shame.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
luckyeddie said:
Yes, he quite cleverly played and missed three times in succession. Very impressive.
The swing and good bowling means there may be balls you play and miss, specially some one like Symonds who isnt technically the best batsman.

But he hasnt hit any rash shots.

Well now he has and it goes over slips for a four :D

More trying to aplpy himself over all than usual though definitely.