• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Holding "There are two different games here. One where the ball is pitched up and one where the ball is pitched short."

True that.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
phew we needed that wicket
wild shot by Hayden, Australia were going so well. I wonder after his performaces in this ODI series the Australian selectors will be wanting to replace him.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
England and Gough are bowling well now with the swing on the offing going to their favour.

But the teams are looking a bit dull, off colour after the fiery encounter last time around. Hardly looking like a final.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Top shot by Ponting, thats the same shot Gilchrist was trying to play. By the way does anyone know what time today is the super series sqaud being announced??

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Sounds like a pretty poor opening 10 overs from both sides.
I think that England looked at the atmospherics rather than the pitch. Jones in particular was trying to entice the drive - and in that he succeeded. Driven for four, driven for four, driven for four, driven for four.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:
Big wicket, Harmo in amongst it.

Missed the first few overs, what happened?
England bowled and fielded rubbishly, Australia raced to 50 off 6.3 overs, then the bowling got a bit tighter and the openers threw their wickets away.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
superkingdave said:
Ponting strangled by Harmis first ball, great catch by Jones!
Didn't looked chuffed, did he? Definite bat involved tho, think Punter more annoyed with himself than anything else.

PY

International Coach
How'd they score so quick? Hayden and Gilchrist both scored at less than a run a ball and their scores only add up to 44. Plenty of extras I see though so I'd assume something to do with that?