• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Jones on again, his final spell could play a big part in determining Australia's eventual score. I've been quite impressed with Hussey, even though he's only faced a handful of deliveries so far. He's been running very well, pushing Symonds along and putting the pressure back on England's fielders. Cracking pull shot just then as well.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So far in this series Gough has 3 wickets @ 76.33 and the worst ER of any proper English bowler at 5.28. Not a good last 12-18 months for the Dazzler.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
So far in this series Gough has 3 wickets @ 76.33 and the worst ER of any proper English bowler at 5.28. Not a good last 12-18 months for the Dazzler.
its that bad :blink:, but i have seen all of Gough's game since he has returned to the ENG ODI side & they're has been occasions where his figures haven't showed how well he has bowled, but he still is a very important part of our ODI team.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Symonds has played pretty well tbh, Australia batting themselves into a very good position, batting will not be easy later on. I think maybe we could see a repeat of Durham

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Whether it's 250 or 280, Eng need a good start if we're going to challenge this side. Tres or Strauss need to come to the party today; how they go about it against Lee and McGrath is a tricky one of course. Attack them I'd venture, I'd rather they get out going after them than trying to see them off and still getting out.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
If Symonds happens to be still there at the end of the innings, Australia will have 300+.

As I type, he smashes Flintoff over mid-wicket for six, didn't even middle it.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England are just too negative when they're bowling in my opinion - Vaughan sees getting someone out as an opportunity to get some crap overs out of the way as opposed an opportunity to get another batsman out. Of course Gough's consistently fruitless opening overs don't help things.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scaly piscine said:
England are just too negative when they're bowling in my opinion - Vaughan sees getting someone out as an opportunity to get some crap overs out of the way as opposed an opportunity to get another batsman out. Of course Gough's consistently fruitless opening overs don't help things.
A very good point. Another wicket at this stage would have been crucial.

I have a feeling a wicket will indeed fall in the next 14 balls or so. No one has been able to run away with this game till now and I dont see Australia get a lose noose yet.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Symonds looking twice as good and thrice as confident as he was against England the other day, which surely must ring some alarm bells for England. I'll reiterate as well that Hussey has been extremely impressive, perfect knock in the circumstances IMO.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So who is winning they always ask during a match. If England cant take a wicket quick and Australia can slog it big, advantage Australia. Else it remains a tussle as it has been from the beginning.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Another boundary off Gough. Any chance that Collingwood might get one or two instead?
EDIT: Sorry, it's Jones. Question still stands though.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Adamc said:
Another boundary off Gough. Any chance that Collingwood might get one or two instead?
EDIT: Sorry, it's Jones. Question still stands though.
Doubt it - it'd be a big gamble, and Vaughan has admitted in the past that he knows Colly is vulnerable on good batting wickets.