• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
That catch was very, very debatable, but a good one if it was clean. Not sure though, it definitely touched the ground at one stage, whether or not the catch had been 'taken' by that point is very questionable. Still, not a great shot - Martyn obviously doesn't believe in 'once bitten, twice shy'.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Barney Rubble said:
Harmison gets Martyn caught at third man by Pietersen, the plan worked again, great catch apparently, although a little debatable. Interesting to see how Clarke does, might be a little rusty.
Or Hussey, as opposed to Clarke.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fourth Aussie who's made a decent start and not gone on, it would be nice if England could pick up some Aussies early on in their innings.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It was not convincing at all. How is Botham so sure it was a clear catch? 8-)

With all the talk of innovation if that catch couldnt be referred to a 3rd umpire because both umpires were sighted, its very stupid. Ludicrous.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
superkingdave said:
Hmm, Hussain said he didn't think it was out but from the replays i think it was out IMO
I think he probably did take it, but if it had gone to the third umpire, I don't think he could have given it out on that evidence.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I do think Botham was correct, KP looked to have his finger under the ball. However if it did go to the 3rd umpire it'd be given not out IMO.

Anyway brilliant ball by Harmison to Symonds. Bowling very well.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
I think he probably did take it, but if it had gone to the third umpire, I don't think he could have given it out on that evidence.
oh yeah it definately wouldn't have been given, and that is exactly why they don't go to the third umpire anymore - quite a few tv shows proved that the camera could make it look like the ball had hit the turf when the fingers were underneath it.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
TBH I don't think that was out. His left hand was gripped somewhat like a fist, as you see seconds later, and right hand is covering the top of the ball. But I guess it doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure it was safe though.

Jones bowled well early on, Gilly and Hayden looked dangerous too.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Australia cant afford to lose a wicket for the next 10-12 overs atleast so all is very tense right now.

Is this what the ICC calls the boring period of a loi match? 8-)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Australia cant afford to lose a wicket for the next 10-12 overs atleast so all is very tense right now.

Is this what the ICC calls the boring period of a loi match? 8-)
yep, i personally dont have a problem with the way things are in the middle overs at all.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another bit of a stranglehold and so Vaughan yet again brings on the buffet bowler. The taff isn't a death bowler so he should be on.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Straight through Vaughan's fingers and through to the boundary, followed by another one. Less than dazzling day for Gough so far.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Symonds is really toying with Giles and the runs are flowing.

Aussies would be happy with 5-6 an over at this stage and most batsmen would setlle for that with 4 wickets down til the 40th or 42nd over.

Not Symonds which is why he is such a good loi player.